Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 10:25 PM

Re: Hysterectomy

Floydy, l am so pleased your wife's operation went well, it must be a great relief for you both.
I don't know anything about how things proceed now but l hope it all goes well.
Your employers have been great and it will be nice for you to be with your wife whilst she's getting over her operation.
Here's a xx for you both!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Floydy, l am so pleased your wife's operation went well, it must be a great relief for you both.
I don't know anything about how things proceed now but l hope it all goes well.
Your employers have been great and it will be nice for you to be with your wife whilst she's getting over her operation.
Here's a xx for you both!
Thank you, Art
My wife is at home now and making astounding progress actually, but of course that's just from the operation. We went out for a meal last night and I'm quite comfortable to leave her pottering around the house, albeit keeping an eye on her that she doesn't do herself an injury by lifting anything heavy. And driving is certainly banned for a few weeks.
The big hurdle comes when she starts the chemo course in a few weeks time. Depending on the dosage will depend on how she reacts to it. Fingers crossed.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 03:49 AM

Absolutely delighted she is feeling well enough go out to dinner. Excellent on your part to lift her spirits in this way.

The worst part of the chemo may well be anticipating it. You'll know what to expect before it starts, but for now I know both you and she are just glad that the surgery is over and that she is back under your roof.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Absolutely delighted she is feeling well enough go out to dinner. Excellent on your part to lift her spirits in this way.

The worst part of the chemo may well be anticipating it. You'll know what to expect before it starts, but for now I know both you and she are just glad that the surgery is over and that she is back under your roof.
Thanks Surfermom.
Respecting my wife's wishes, I'm going to have to terminate this thread now as she is preferring to face the chemotherapy as a personal issue and isn't too struck on me "publicising" her battle.

Thanks all
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 04:03 PM

That made me laugh, good on your missus I say.

As someone that has had chemo, she is very wise not listening to everybody else and what happened to their friends friend and the bloke at work's cousin....................but don't tell her that......best of luck to her and you.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 05:06 PM

Floydy, I can understand how your wife feels. I was not happy when I realised my son was posting on Facebook about me and made him delete everything.

I did belong to a private cancer support thread on another forum and found that extremely helpful. Particularly tips from others regarding diet and general advice, they were/are a great support, as I could discuss things there that I did not want to share with my family. Sometimes it is good to confide in strangers whom you know you will never meet.

I hope your wife is on the minimum of chemo and that she always keeps a positive attitude - that is the most important thing when dealing with this illness.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 07:14 PM

I too can understand your wife Floydy, hope it's not too bad an experience for her. I guess she will be going to Castle Hill, my daighter in law used to be a chemo nurse there.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

25-08-2017, 07:43 PM

Thanks all, I didn't mean to come across as being ungrateful or anything - and my wife is very appreciative of your comments - but she's just a little unsure about having so many people know about her health issues at present.
She's doing very well and we're taking a few day trips out and about such as Bridlington yesterday, so that's keeping her spirits up.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2017, 09:55 PM

I think she is a wise lady, I would feel the same Floydy

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top