Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 08:00 PM

Re: Saturday telly

All I could see was the Athletics (no thank you), said Alice in Wonderland (nah), Joanna Lumley and Elvis (nah), Bruce Willis or football!

Nothing also on Sky.

Currently watching Four in a Bed omnibus and after that may be Animal Airport.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What the 'eck is a ROKU?

S'like an Amazon Firestick.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 08:02 PM

Mups get to grips with iPlayer...that way there will always be something to catch up on.
You could watch last night's Oklahoma! on BBC4, it was terrific!
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 08:07 PM

Saturday tv is absolute C**p!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I hate the weekend TV, there is absolutely nothing on. We are also going to cancel Sky on Monday, because all there is on there is repeats and loads of adverts, nothing worth watching.

Yes, that's another thing susie, REPEATS.
Then they repeat the repeats, over and over again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
S'like an Amazon Firestick.

Wish I'd never asked, Jazzi.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-08-2017, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Mups get to grips with iPlayer...that way there will always be something to catch up on.
You could watch last night's Oklahoma! on BBC4, it was terrific!

I wish someone would show me what to do, I'd be alright then.

I wonder if my son knows? I'll have to ask him.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 08:20 PM

How did we get into the habit of watching telly every night.... What did we do before telly...I can remember that as soon as I was old enough to stick two sentences together The first telly programmes were thrust upon us from the good old BBC. Apart from 'Watch with Mother' in the afternoon, it started transmitting at teatime and continued until about eleven or twelve and then shut down.....At that age I was all tucked up in bed and very rarely got to see the white spot disappear into infinity.

So it's only been the last sixty years or so that we have goggled at the box, what on earth did we do for the previous couple of thousand years....And more to the point, where is it going from here?
I make it a rule not to watch TV while on holiday other than first thing in the morning to catch up with the news and weather while I shower and shave...And I don't miss it one bit...But I am losing the ability to put two sentences together in dialogue with someone face to face....But I enjoy waffling on here....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-08-2017, 08:22 PM

We enjoy you waffling on here too, foxy.

What did people do before telly?

I think they used to make lots of babies didn't they?

But I'm too old for that now, so have to watch telly.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 09:12 PM

The weekend TV and TV in general bores the pants of people
so many reality programmes, and eleven weekly Housewife's from different towns and Countries who all look the same with plastic faces..Wonder what they l like when they wake up without all that artifice?

Can't wait for some interesting Scandi Dramas where the acting is very real.

When there wasn't any TV,there was always the Radio and many people still listen daily.
Families us to make their own entertainment with singing and dancing round the piano

Children use to give little concerts in the Back Yard
for a small fee including pop and biscuits.

There was always the local Pub on every street corner and women went on their own and were not thought of as Loose Women. Lots of entertainment there, and a room a the back for men's 'Over Hours Drinking> usually with the local Bobby and ...'Blue Movies' where brazen hussies took their Tops off..to make the men go week at the knees.before they staggered home,singing. "If you knew Susie like I know Susie Oh! Oh, Oh! what a Girl" before wakening up their wives demanding food, as well as other Great Expectations.
That's why wives to a rolling pin to bed instead of a husband

That'll learn him!!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top