Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 12:46 PM

Bing Tool Bar

Does anyone know how to get rid of this awful Bing bar please?

This particular laptop is a Lenovo running Windows 10, a couple of days ago it did an update and now the dreaded Bing has taken over Google Chrome. It isnīt installed in the list of programmes, Iīm not at all techie and I have no idea how to get rid of it. I canīt use Google Chrome, it just automatically goes to Bing.

Is there an easy way to get rid of it, or do I need to dash off to the computer shop and pay yet again to get rid of it?

Thank you in anticipation.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 01:02 PM

Re: Bing Tool Bar

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Does anyone know how to get rid of this awful Bing bar please?

This particular laptop is a Lenovo running Windows 10, a couple of days ago it did an update and now the dreaded Bing has taken over Google Chrome. It isnīt installed in the list of programmes, Iīm not at all techie and I have no idea how to get rid of it. I canīt use Google Chrome, it just automatically goes to Bing.

Is there an easy way to get rid of it, or do I need to dash off to the computer shop and pay yet again to get rid of it?

Thank you in anticipation.
I am not familiar with Chrome but you need to look in Chrome Addins probably from Preferences or Options. It's in Chrome not a MS program
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 01:21 PM

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Bing-from-Chrome
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 01:25 PM

Thank you Bruce. Unfortunately I canīt get into Chrome to try, I right click or left click on the chrome icon and hey presto, I get Bing. Iīve tried various methods from the internet but no luck. I guess itīs off to the computer shop and pay out yet again. Thank you for trying to help.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

14-08-2017, 01:26 PM

Just see your post Purwell, thank you. Iīm now going to see if I have any luck with that.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

14-08-2017, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Just see your post Purwell, thank you. Iīm now going to see if I have any luck with that.
No, that didnīt work either I quite simply canīt get into chrome, it goes automatically to Bing. Right clicking the Chrome icon gives me nothing, only properties, which doesnīt help. Thank you for trying to help.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 01:36 PM

Another method here: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Bing-Off-Your-Computer
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

14-08-2017, 03:32 PM

Thank you so much Bruce and Purwell. I got nowhere, so I gave in and took the laptop to the computer shop, they got rid of it for me. It cost me 5 euros but it was worth it, it was really annoying me. They have also given me step by step instructions on how to get rid of it should it ever park itself on my laptop again. Thank you again.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

14-08-2017, 06:10 PM

That's not bad, reasonable price, would cost more over here probably.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 06:17 PM

Hi Loretta can you go to Chrome settings the 3 dots at the top right of the screen ...
go to 'Advanced' then ...
'Restore setting to default '
that is what I did when I inadvertently clicked on something and installed an unwanted toolbar.

ETA Sorry just seen you can't access Chrome...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top