Join for free
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 04:26 AM

A Reminder From Your Mother

This fellow is soon off to university (eagles are one of the mascots), done in oil on stretched canvas (about a meter across), to decorate my son's room.

I am hoping that every time my precious angel looks at it , he will remember his mother, and set aside all thoughts of girls and beer in the name of studying . Good plan, right?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4336.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	3699  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 05:55 AM

Re: A Reminder From Your Mother

Great painting !
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
This fellow is soon off to university (eagles are one of the mascots), done in oil on stretched canvas (about a meter across), to decorate my son's room.

I am hoping that every time my precious angel looks at it , he will remember his mother, and set aside all thoughts of girls and beer in the name of studying . Good plan, right?
Shall I assume this is the first son going to university?
At that age, girls and beer are the main reason they go....but they eventually realize they have to do some work too!
You should have had this eagle tattooed on his hand.... because he will use that for all three activities, so will be reminded when the thoughts comes into his head!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 06:41 AM

Fabulous painting, Surfermom !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 09:19 AM

Depends whether the bird is male or female - he could consider himself as being henpecked!!!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 09:44 AM

or he could say.....Ive got this great painting in my room, how about we have a beer, sit back, relax and study it together?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 09:46 AM

I doubt it, unless it looks like you Surfer.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 04:28 AM

For heaven's sake, Cass! I never thought about the, "Come up and let me show you my etchings" line. Perhaps I should just hold on to this painting and hang it in the laundry room, sending instead, as Longdogs has suggested, a photo of his sweet mom .

Haha, Twink. You know boys of this age well. He will be a sophomore, and he paints me an angelic picture of his collegiate endeavors...but I know well enough not to ask too many questions.

Joe, you need not worry about him being henpecked....shhh...he didn't even know of my little plan. Besides, he runs me in circles .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top