Join for free
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 12:08 AM

Such a waste

Do you ever watch a film with a young actor and google the actor then find that he died young? I'm just watching "the client" shot in 1994. A truly talented actor Brad Renfro played the lead part, but if you google him to see what he's in now you will find that he died aged 25 in 2008 of an overdose. It's such a terrible waste. Like River Phoenix, someone with a glittering future in front of him.

The Client is a super film by the way if you haven't seen it.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 01:10 AM

Re: Such a waste

I agree with you Annie.
Marilyn Munro died age only 36.
James Dean age only 24.
And of course Elvis Presley died age only 42.

There are so many more of course which I am sure others will sadly mention, but yes.
Such a waste!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Do you ever watch a film with a young actor and google the actor then find that he died young? I'm just watching "the client" shot in 1994. A truly talented actor Brad Renfro played the lead part, but if you google him to see what he's in now you will find that he died aged 25 in 2008 of an overdose. It's such a terrible waste. Like River Phoenix, someone with a glittering future in front of him.

The Client is a super film by the way if you haven't seen it.
As Susan Sarandon is one of my favourite actresses and Tommy Lee Jones is one of my favourite actors, I've watched "The Client" many times and I've always been impressed by Brad's performance. However, I never followed his career but assumed that he may have chosen a different profession when older, so I'm saddened to discover that his life went so quickly downhill thereafter ......
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 07:47 AM

OH and I are big Star trek fans and have enjoyed the new films so we were also very sad when we heard that the young actor who plays Chekov had been killed in a freak accident involving his own car...

Anton Yelchin 27..
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36572649

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top