Join for free
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 10:10 AM

This puts Brexit in a nutshell.

This man talks an awful lot of sense.

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/col...-bluff-eu-exit
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 10:21 AM

Re: This puts Brexit in a nutshell.

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
This man talks an awful lot of sense.

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/col...-bluff-eu-exit
He certainly does Fogey, and thank you for the link to that brilliant newspaper article.
Yes.
These whinging and whining and trouble making Remoaners are really getting on my wick now.
It's about time they realised.
Hello.
You lost the Brexit vote.
Is there something you don't understand about that FACT?
Get over it!
________

Yesterday, figures showed that the unemployment rate has fallen to 4.4 per cent, the lowest level since 1975, while wages are rising at two per cent.

The property market is buoyant, manufacturers’ order books are busy, tourism is booming and Britain is now the most popular destination in Europe for foreign investment.

The Government has published a clear strategy for Brexit, contradicting all the rhetoric about the impossible complexity of the process.

As the documents show, the supposed problems that the Remoaners and the EU pretend are insurmountable could be resolved easily.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 10:24 AM

None of us really know whats going to happen...

I just wish that the Uk would get a move on..
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
None of us really know whats going to happen...

I just wish that the Uk would get a move on..
Me too Cass.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 10:52 AM

I am getting sick of crowing leavers insulting language.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 11:09 AM

Hi

A simple statement of fact.

We have not left the EU yet.

We have all the advantages of the Single Market with the advantage of a serious fall in the £.

75% of our exports to the EU are Services, which are not covered by WTO Rules, which relate solely to goods.

Leaving with no deal results in an increase of £4.8 Billion in increased WTO Tariffs to the UK, to the loss of the EU.

It also gives us a net saving of £8.6 Billion a year in EU Contributions. a total saving of £13.4 Billion.

Against that we suffer an immediate loss of £20 billion in Banking alone and a loss of £11 Billion in other Services on tax take.

That, in real terms, is a 50% increase in Austerity.

We also lose, immediately, our free trade agreements with 80 odd other Countries negotiated as part of the 40 years we have been in the EU.

We are desperately trying to avoid that by means of a process called Technical Unification.

It only needs one EU Country to object and no go.

We are now asking the EU for a transition period to get ourselves ready, two years for WTO Rules and five years for Immigration.

I find this totally appalling.

We are going to get stung badly.

It is incompetence of the highest order.

I absolutely loathe and detest Merkel and Juncker, I do not want to pay them a penny more than we have to.

We have committed to EU Funding until 2020, our own Government have done that.

The sensible thing to have done was to delay Article 50 until next year, used the time to get everything ready and ten told them to naff off from a much stronger negotiating position.

There would have been no Brexit Bill due then.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 02:02 PM

This article seeks purely to drum up yet more brextremist hate. He may as well be writing a communist piece of propaganda in North Korea or the like. We have golden wheat in the fields and the workers are happy singing kumbaya songs while holding hands.....

He uses the following emotive terms for propaganda purposes to create separation between people :

liberal elite
remoaners
remoan lobby
commissars (a Soviet communist term)
federalist fanatic
high priestess
zealot

If everything is going so swimmingly why the need to defend it? What's the need for all the hate terms? On this forum as well as in the press. We only see this because people are feeling threatened.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 02:14 PM

After all it is the Express.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top