Join for free
Jenna Graves
New Member!
Bristol
Jenna Graves is female 

21-02-2011, 03:27 PM

Free Tai Chi Classes and Tea Dances

From the beginning of March 2011 St Werburghs Centre will restart the free weekly workshops for over 50's. The project is funded by Active Bristol Fund administrated by Quartet Community Foundation and will fill the gap in the Centre's wide range of activities.

Tai Chi will be lead by Dennison Joseph, known for his Essential Tai Chi classes which he has been running at the Centre for nearly 10 years. The free workshops will take place in the Main Hall every Friday from 2 to 3 pm. When the weather gets better the workshops will be moved to the Mina Road Park. No need to book, just drop in. Exercise, energise and improve your balance! Under 50's are welcomed accompanying an older neighbour, a friend or a family member.

Tea Dances will be facilitated by Norma Daykin, an experienced teacher of Salsa and Ballroom Dance. The sessions will be run on Thursdays and will start with refreshments served from 2.00 pm, followed by 2 hours gentle dance session in the Main Hall and finished with a cup of tea and an opportunity to socialize until 4.30 pm. No partner or previous experience needed.

Both workshops will run weekly from the beginning of March until 22nd of July 2011 (excluding school holidays).

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us on 0117 955 1351. St Werburghs Community Centre, Horley Road, St Werburghs, Bristol, BS2 9TJ
www.stwerburghs.org.uk
TheShopKeeper
New Member!
Kent
TheShopKeeper is female 

25-02-2011, 08:16 PM

Re: Free Tai Chi Classes and Tea Dances

Hi Jenna Graves

I wish they'd would do something like this in my area. I love Salsa and Ballroom Dancing.

My dad was quite an expert in Tai Chi, it did him the world of good. I could never get into it myself despite his efforts to get me interested.

As well as getting fit and meeting people, I know your'll have a lot of fun.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 11:42 PM

That is a lovely idea and so elegant to watch
Also enjoyed by all ages.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
That is a lovely idea and so elegant to watch
Also enjoyed by all ages.

Azure, did you notice this thread stopped 6 years ago?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 06:49 AM

I love this thread!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 10:23 AM

Im not doing TEA CHI im a Coffee and Spam man.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Azure, did you notice this thread stopped 6 years ago?
And only 8 posts between them.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top