Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2010, 10:51 PM

For Followers of the World Cup......

......even though it seems there is only myself and one other (you know who you are Mags ), and seeing that I keep intruding into the Alternative to the World Cup OFFers Group , thought I'd start this thread!

Have been tuning in to all the games-3 a day and enjoying it. England were very disappointing tonight and Fabio has to sort his team out before the next game-just don't know whats wrong with them
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2010, 11:00 PM

Re: For Followers of the World Cup......

As the other honourable member of the World Cup Supporters Club here on OFF, I regret to say that Fabio's players didn't give him the birthday present he was expecting!
His birthday present fell to pieces!

The team just doesn't click, the best player for England tonight was David James, the goalkeeper....... just as well or we would have been hammered.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2010, 11:06 PM

Got the feeling this is going to be a minority group Mags

Have you been watching any of the other games? The early ones were like watching paint dry, but some of the teams seem to be getting their act together now....unlike England
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2010, 11:14 PM

I'm surprised we haven't any men footie followers on OFF!

I've watched a few of them and they too have had surprising results! Who would have thought that Serbia would beat Germany today France are in danger of going out early too.

It seems all the top teams are falling to the lesser known ones ........ I think you get a far better game when good sides play each other.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

18-06-2010, 11:23 PM

Was wondering myself were the men had got to!

And Spain was a bit of a shock as well seeing they were put forward as the favourites.

It does seem the 'under-dog' teams are holding the better ones back, but the good teams have the experience and it should really come through. Will be interesting on Wednesday when we play Slovenia...hopefully we'll have something to celebrate!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

18-06-2010, 11:33 PM

They'll have to pull something out of the bag next Wednesday ........ or they will be boarding the next plane home!

Did you see Beckham on the bench looking very frustrated? I bet he would have loved to have been on the field playing ...... one of his specials, that was all that was needed!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

18-06-2010, 11:38 PM

Did see him-would love to see him playing-nobody 'bends it like Beckham' If only there was someone!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2010, 10:29 AM

I'm just an onlooker - but it seems to me that the England team have almost fallen out with Fabio and are protesting at something or other. (Would they do that?) Every time I see the manager he seems to be shouting obsenities at his team - not a happy bunny, or a happy team.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

19-06-2010, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I'm just an onlooker - but it seems to me that the England team have almost fallen out with Fabio and are protesting at something or other. (Would they do that?) Every time I see the manager he seems to be shouting obsenities at his team - not a happy bunny, or a happy team.
I don't agree with Fabio's policy of not letting his team know who are playing until the actual day ...... the goalkeeper didn't even know until 5 minutes before he got on the team coach! How can they feel settled if they are unsure if they are in the team or not that day.....seems a strange way of doing things
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

19-06-2010, 09:34 PM

Personally think tonights match has been the best so far-
Cameroon v Denmark. Denmark won 2-1 and Cameroon are on their way home now.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top