Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 12:37 PM

Re: Yet another tragedy

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
There was no call for 'sanctions' against America in 1988, so why would America want to impose 'sanctions' against Russia now??? Although the Russian dissidents in Eastern Ukraine appear to be responsible, it hasn't yet been determined so and currently there is no evidence that the Russians per se condoned or even knew about it.

Oh... OK... Let's let Russia have at it... Fine with me.. I don't live in Europe.. lol!!

ps,,, joe... our spy satelites captured the whole incident.. It was a Russian surface to air missile... probably fired by the Russian backed separatists. Perhaps they didn't know.. about it.. but they are suppling arms.. They WANT the Ukraine... Then poland... then..............................

Hey... Remember when another country was marching through Europe???
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
You do realize that if Russia decides to zap you WE are bound by treaty to get our butts into it too??? AND.. close or not.. intercontinental balistic missiles can get to us too..

John McCain is an ass.... I wish he would shut his yap and retire already.. Him and his breathless sister Lindsey Graham.... never met a war they didn't want to get into.
We are a small island they could blow us out of the water, USA would survive no matter what was thrown at it, obviously not as it is now but some would survive.

What ever you think of McCain he seems to be shouting loudest at the moment we haven't heard much from anyone else which makes it dangerous you (USA are allowing him to speak for you.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We are a small island they could blow us out of the water, USA would survive no matter what was thrown at it, obviously not as it is now but some would survive.

What ever you think of McCain he seems to be shouting loudest at the moment we haven't heard much from anyone else which makes it dangerous you (USA are allowing him to speak for you.

John McCain is a US Senator... He is allowed in this country to say what he pleases... Freedom of speech is protected by the 1st ammendment of our Constitution... AND the world press is always eager to capture the loudest voices.. or at least those that cast a bad light on the US... You ONLY have to worry about what Obama says though... We just ignore McCain over here. He's a decrepit old gasbag
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
John McCain is a US Senator... He is allowed in this country to say what he pleases... Freedom of speech is protected by the 1st ammendment of our Constitution... AND the world press is always eager to capture the loudest voices.. or at least those that cast a bad light on the US... You ONLY have to worry about what Obama says though... We just ignore McCain over here. He's a decrepit old gasbag
Free speech surely comes with responsibility and what he means to you compared to how he sounds to the rest of us means he needs to either be silenced or someone else stand up and say he is wrong.
AudreyII
USA

18-07-2014, 01:13 PM

Free speech surely comes with responsibility and what he means to you compared to how he sounds to the rest of us means he needs to either be silenced or someone else stand up and say he is wrong.

So what do you suggest we do with the old man? Shove a rag in his mouth and tie him up? We don't "silence anyone one here.. He has a right to say what he wants. There are lots of people who tell McCain he is wrong.. and lots of people that go on the news to disagree with him.. They just don't get the coverage McCain does..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-07-2014, 01:16 PM

Well I would suggest stop giving him the platform especially at a sensitive time like this but if free speech means more than world peace I guess that won't happen.
AudreyII
USA

18-07-2014, 01:20 PM

Well I would suggest stop giving him the platform especially at a sensitive time like this but if free speech means more than world peace I guess that won't happen.

How do we stop him from going on the talk shows and running his mouth? We can't do that.. Just don't pay attention to him... we don't. Worry about what Obama says... and also pay attention to the opinion polls of the American people.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-07-2014, 01:30 PM

Oh don't worry I can ignore him but can the hotter heads involved in this war ignore him ? that is what you have to worry about.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 02:20 PM

Bless the poor passengers and crew on this plane. In a way they are not bothered WHO did it as they are now dead and innocent to boot.
Today a Russian truck took away a Buk 4 Ballistic Missile
appliance back to Russia with two missiles missing. One
hit a Ukraine Transport plane Thursday and presumably
the other one hit the Malaysian jet.
These weapons have a radar system that tells them what
they are firing at. A passenger plane from any company has
on it a transponder that zings out I am a passenger plane
not armed so whoever did this knew it wasn't anything to
do with the Army they are fighting.
I do hope the b-----ds who did this own up to it as apart
from a cowardly act it is surely against any religion they
purport to be. Also I cannot see any reason for innocent people to die for someone's cause like these poor people had to. Hang your head in shame Putin .
AudreyII
USA

18-07-2014, 02:43 PM

Oh don't worry I can ignore him but can the hotter heads involved in this war ignore him ? that is what you have to worry about.
John McCain is ONE US Senator out of 100.... We cannot send US troops or Declare War on anyone without the majority approval of the Senate.. John McCain is mostly thought of as an old fool here.. I don't think there are 50 other Senators that feel the same way as McCain.

Each of the 50 States has 2 Senators in Washington representing them.
I personally have called MY 2 Senators.. Dick Durbin and Mark Kirk... and urged them to vote NO NO NO to any more US troops anywhere. Millions of other Americans have also made their opinions known.

Obama is the Commander and Chief of the US Military. While it is true he has some discretion in sending military, or military strikes... a major troop deployment.. or a declaration of war needs the Senate approval.. Obama can ask... but that doesn't mean it will happen. Such are the checks and balances... OH.. by the way.. The House of Representatives has to vote to pay for it.. Those idiots don't vote for anything. lol!!

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top