Join for free
Page 147 of 1676 « First < 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 197 247 647 1147 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 09:06 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

How about "Breathless at Tiffany's" or "Close Encounters of the turd kind"
...which brings me that VERY well-known 70's film about bowel movements..."Every Which Way but Loose" is the title that'll exite geriatric strainers-especially as an 'impromptu performance' is a thing most with be familiar with...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Rj. Why not get Auntie Mary on stage, and shove a Canary up the leg of her drawers, then you could insert a Ferret down Uncle Jocks Long Johns, then hit them with the classic "I told the Inland Revenue I don't owe them a Penny, because I live near the Seaside".
That wouldn’t be Hairy Mary from Tipperary would it Spitty, I knew her well, oh what a gal!

"Close encounters of the turd kind" Is that what happens to the players in a crap game Pug?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 10:33 PM

Rj. Why not get Auntie Mary on stage, and shove a Canary up the leg of her drawers, then you could insert a Ferret down Uncle Jocks Long Johns, then hit them with the classic "I told the Inland Revenue I don't owe them a Penny, because I live near the Seaside".
Spitty, I can't recall that one, could you hum it for me?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 11:17 PM

and the punk group encore encore could be RJ and the leisurely dribbles!

and then those evergreen classics"

I left my heart in san frans bedroom

zimmer; zimmer' zimmer I've been framed

Whoo I've got the hippy hippy platinum joints

on a day like today we all just passed away writing love letters gurgle gurgle gurgle {bring the effing stretchers!}

good night ice scream ice scream

One five nine o'clock look up her frock

RJ threw a party for the county frail?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 05:46 PM

"On a day like today, we all just passed away" love that Gumbud.

I have a sneaky suspicion something is being planned behind me back for this years Christmas and it ain’t no Panto.
Two of the wife’s widowed sisters are visiting more frequently than usual, nearly everyday now since last Monday, the three sisters congregate in the kitchen for so called coffee mornings, cool red coffee in crystal glasses poured from dark bottles. Whispers whisp through the kitchen door every time the dog pushes his way in and out, as small dogs will, and by careful analyses of the whisps I have pieced together a vision of a four day Christmas break in the Gleneagles Hotel in Killarney.
I happen to know that Phyllis will be free this year, no cooking dinners for the whole family as per usual, I would love to go off with her for the holiday but why all the hush hush? She knows I hate surprises. Could it be, and God forbid, that she plans to take the two merry widows with us? I brace meself fearing the worst and hoping for the best. She’ll have to book quickly and that’s when I’ll know for sure as she’ll be putting the hammer on me for the dosh.
Three women for four days! ’tis a strong man you’d be wanting for that. But if it’s to be it’ll be I’ll just have to grin and bear it, not like me to spoil things for the three darlin sisters, if only they wouldn’t natter so much when they get together, you have to chisel your way into the conversation.

I pitied John Wayne in the Quiet Man, I’m a quiet man meself, and Maureen O’Hara with her stage Irish.
Oh begosh and begorrah, I’m thinking there might be an auld oirish song comin to me now to be sure to be sure, “Ah sure it’s Christmas in Killarney and the little people dance all day, the shamrocks stickin out me arse and the wife is nattering away…"
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

12-12-2016, 08:37 PM

I unearthed this rare childhood photo of Uncle Dave, it was taken when he was four back on the farm in Ballyfaroff. Note the determination on his little face, here is a boy who’s going places. He displayed great survival skills from an early age on his Dad’s poultry farm, from choking chickens to swallowing raw eggs, he’s posing here for the Donegal Herald newspapers “Boy of the Year” awards back in 1881, his award was a prize Rooster, a bottle of whiskey, and 100 cigarettes, by the time Dave was 7 he was chasing girls, playing poker, and pulling corks out of whiskey bottles with his teeth, yes folks those were the days when boys were men afore their time.
I’m obliged to add, if you want to die healthy don’t smoke.

I remember back in the 1950’s Clarke’s shoes had an ad in the cinema for boys shoes, it went “Clarkes shoes for Boys, as tough as the Boys that wear them” I wonder would that be allowed today, or would it be seen as encouraging boys to be bowseys.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2016, 11:24 PM

Wasn't it Clarke's whom had that foot measuring machine, in which you had to have faith your Ped would not be crushed, in the machine, the Compass in the heel made the risk worthwhile.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2016, 11:34 PM

talking of feet - I had a grandfather once - well I had more than one grandfather but only had them both once if you get me meaning - any old ow - he was seven feet tall - used to sleep with his feet in the kitchen and head in the hall - or was that me aunt long tall sally - she was often heard exclaiming - "here's poppa coming better duck back in the alley - oh baby!"

then there was another aunt who used to sing "christmas is comin the goose is getting fat - betta put a penny in the old man's hat. we often had a goose hangin for xmas but I never noticed it getting fatter and ya wouldna get moi putting any penny in an old mans hat - I've pinched a few out of em.

your so vain - I bet you thought this song was about you don't you ; don't you?

isn't this the time when we visit the three managers in a stable and look at the baby three wise men or is that another show?

and I always thought twinkle twinkle little star was an up and coming gay performer meself - no not meself - himself!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2016, 08:39 AM

Can I be first to wish the fellow "Scribblers" a Merry Christmas and a Preposterous New Year.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

13-12-2016, 09:41 AM

Can I be first to wish the fellow "Scribblers" a Merry Christmas and a Preposterous New Year.
that certainly is preposterous and a merry one to you sir with bells on!

Page 147 of 1676 « First < 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 197 247 647 1147 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top