Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 04:04 PM

Re: roof gutter cleaning

Are you sure its able to do the job?
The photo is misleading as I've never seen a gutter that has more than 2-3" space between tiles and gutter edge.
im a bit suspicious of access.

As for the company not stocking items....thats pretty standard and a practice I am sympathetic towards.
Stock is money tied up, not good for small businesses
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 04:48 PM

Just seen a briliant idea to inspect the gutter

how it works

take a small compact camera that takes videos and a small gorilla grip as shown below

screw grip to camera

put on pole (simulated gutter vacuum pole) as below

Or tape cable tie to side of pole

then secure with tape or cable ties. Switch camera to video mode and offer up to gutter. That grip will allow one to angle the camera as desired.

What a brainwave, far cheaper than the nearly £500 for remote camera and view that offered with this equipment

Tpin

will be ok as the kit comes with one of these

http://www.windowcleaninggear.co.uk/...daily-end-tool

I had already thought of that problem
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 07:47 PM

Our gutter cleaner uses his iPhone with elastic bands
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Our gutter cleaner uses his iPhone with elastic bands
I use a trowel
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 08:40 PM

I send mr missy up
And I hold the ladder

No cams no expensive equipment
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 09:29 AM

Only so you can peep up his trouser leg....
Papasmurf70
United States
Papasmurf70 is male 

13-12-2016, 07:41 PM

I put gutter screens over all mine so they don't fill up with leaves and other debri and I must say they work really well. I rinse my gutters out every year to get the dirt and shingle gravel cleaned out but that is and easy process.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2016, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Papasmurf70 ->
I put gutter screens over all mine so they don't fill up with leaves and other debri and I must say they work really well. I rinse my gutters out every year to get the dirt and shingle gravel cleaned out but that is and easy process.
My main gutter I want to clear of leaves is this one

At my age I don't fancy going up 20+feet up a ladder and then stretching across a conservatory roof.

A next door neighbour from a previous place I owned was up a ladder cleaning his upstairs widows when the ladder slipped and he put his hand through a pain of glass and all but severed his wrist. I got him to the hospital with only 4 minutes to spare I was told afterwards by the medical team

Blood transfusion and 8 hours of surgery just to sew his hand back on as only a small part of his wrist was left on.

In my opinion anyone who wants tpo clean gutters using a ladder is barmy , the cost of hiring someone with a gutter vacuum cleaner is worth so much more.

As I have the money I have ordered my own and don't have to have a survey/quote /and wait for a date to have them done.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

14-12-2016, 08:53 PM

Skyvac arrived this evening,(took 4 weeks to deliver) so guess what I will be doing tomorrow weather permitting

Also today replaced a trackpad on her Mac laptop computer .PC world last time it went to them replaced a hard dry when the fan was noisey ,She asked for the old hard drive back and they sent not her old one but one not compatible with the computer, too late now to do anything about it. Apple store in brighton didn't want to know about the repacing of trackpad, too expensive they say, too me half an hour cost £30 including buying tools
Sue ordered a new kitchen waste bin and yes the delivery company messed up everything no information it was at Argos to collect or collection number. Even had wrong mobile phone number of hers.

Thing seem to be getting worse day by day with people that just don't care and do their job properly
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

15-12-2016, 06:40 PM

used the skyvac this morning, wow and wow again, got half one of those big plastic bags full of leaves and sludge out of the gutters. The power of the machine is amazing. I did wonder how much suction at the nozzle end but need not have done, there was so much it could pull a carpet up

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top