Join for free
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 01:38 PM

Greg Lake RIP

Can't quite believe that after Keith Emerson earlier this year, his bandmate Greg Lake has also died.

I LOVED E.L.P. when I was younger, we have all their albums.

I once read in some music publication that Greg Lake's voice was one of the best rock instruments in the business.

He was a bit of all right to look at too!

R.I.P.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 06:53 PM

Re: Greg Lake RIP

Key member of King Crimson and a fine a singer indeed, very sad news. RIP Greg.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 07:12 PM

Rip Greg sorry you've left us..
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Deb W ->
Can't quite believe that after Keith Emerson earlier this year, his bandmate Greg Lake has also died.

I LOVED E.L.P. when I was younger, we have all their albums.

I once read in some music publication that Greg Lake's voice was one of the best rock instruments in the business.

He was a bit of all right to look at too!

R.I.P.
I agree with all of that, as I was one of their biggest fans... er, but not your last sentence!

Emerson was an excellent keyboard player and, as I understand it, he had a classical education too which perhaps prompted his frequent use of music 'borrowed' from classical pieces.

As you say, Lake had a superb voice and I'm sure was a good guitarist.

Palmer was OK too!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 12:28 PM

We need this song right now:

I always remember a quote he said when he was asked about the royalties from that song. He said "Yeah it's great, but I have to wait until bloody August for the rewards!"
Such a sad loss of a truly exemplary performer. R.I.P.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 05:09 PM

More sad news!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top