Join for free
Page 9 of 21 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 08:32 PM

Re: Benefits Britain!

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Many long term unemployed are in areas where there is no or very little work, ex mine towns and ex manufacturing towns. Only two ways to cure that and neither include cutting people's benefit. But people coming to the country don't go to those areas they come to areas where there is work.

But they have left areas with the same problem.

Old retort by Tebbite sneered by the left said "My dad got on his bike and looked for work" Why cant people move to areas where there is work why do we need to import workers.

Because are benefits are too generious.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 08:38 PM

Those coming into this country will take work that our population won't. Simple as that.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Those coming into this country will take work that our population won't. Simple as that.

Just oppersite there's a small block of flats mainly 2 bedrooms the odd 3 bedroom , in one of the two bedroom flats there was 27 Eastern Europeans living , they long not been evicted , but around here it's quite common finding dozen or so Eastern Europeans living in cramp conditions , but why the do it is to keep living cost down , and Send money back to their home lands , so they will work on a building site for peanuts as their out goings are very small, were as many of my mates are married , got kids but the wages doesn't even pay the rent in some cases , in london a labour was on £70 to £90 aday that was 15 years ago , now doing the same job is done by Eastern Europeans for £50 aday , just before xmas we done some work in a building site , they were living in the garden shed on the site ,
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
But they have left areas with the same problem.

Old retort by Tebbite sneered by the left said "My dad got on his bike and looked for work" Why cant people move to areas where there is work why do we need to import workers.

Because are benefits are too generious.

When I was young I was thick as shit , couldn't even spell my name , not the brightest of sparks now , anyway I found the hard way no work , no food , in my entrie life I never claimed any benifets , and I alway got work , find in life if you want to better yourself , only you can do it , get of one backside and find what your looking for , as it doesn't just turn up on ones lap

It's funny that thousand come from overseas to find work To s better them self , if you live in a old mining town and found work miles away , the council will move you nearer to your job , if your job is 25 miles or more away , so there's no excuses there
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 09:11 PM

Because are benefits are two high easier not to work.

Sorry about the grammer
Markey1
London

10-03-2015, 09:20 PM

My daughter a social worker for HMS prisons , she deals with inmates that have been sexual abused in their lives , she on a good wage , with two children , my partner work out if my daughter was renting from the council with two children , she be better off on benifets with all the add on perks , but she owns her own place in highbury , and enjoys working
sue_arnold
UK

10-03-2015, 09:32 PM

Yes because benefits are to high.
Markey1
London

19-03-2015, 08:16 PM

This morning when I was leaving for work , I bump into my neighbour with her suitcases , she ask me to keep a eye on her place for 3 weeks , she book a holiday to Mexico , only few months back she went to the states , not bad I for someone on benefits , I never known her to any work ,
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2015, 08:24 PM

What benefits is she getting because I challenge anyone to live on unemployment benefit let alone have holidays !

The idea benefits are too high is laughable if you are actually having to live on them, £72.40 if you are over 25 and £57 if you are under 25. Make that last a week, especially when it can take weeks for first payment to come through and you can be sanctioned at anytime and have it taken away from you for weeks !
Markey1
London

19-03-2015, 08:28 PM

Haven't a clue , she lives in a one bedroom flat, she single , but she never worked ,

Page 9 of 21 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top