Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 03:41 PM

Re: New Tricks - Jack's replacement ?

Did anyone see the final episode last night without Amanda Redman and Alun Armstrong. It was good story but a strange way to end the series. Maybe they had got so fed up with the writers that they refused to be a part of the final episode who knows.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 04:09 PM

I'm wondering if last nights episode will mean just the two of them staying in Scotland? So if there is a new series, I don't think I'll be watching.
I have wondered why Dennis Waterman has kept a low profile.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2012, 09:46 AM

I actually enjoyed the Glasgow Episode.
tiddles
New Member!
UK
tiddles is male 

01-11-2012, 05:20 PM

They'll be back

Radio Times
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2012, 06:09 PM

Conflicting information there, Paul. Jack supposedly resigned because he was dying! So this new series, which I welcome, will have the 'fab 4' back together. I said before, if it was just Jerry and the Scottish guy (sorry I can't think of his name) I wouldn't watch, it just wouldn't be the same. Maybe with new writers it will be different.
janet gracey
london
janet gracey is female  janet gracey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2012, 06:15 PM

Yes I hope it comes back. Really like it. Janela, Scottish guy is Denis Lawson.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2012, 07:33 PM

I haven't watched this latest series as the format now seems a bit tired, although I really used to enjoy it in the early days...
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2012, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by tiddles ->
They'll be back

Radio Times
This article is over a year old ! Since then James Bolam has been written out dying with cancer presumably because he didn't want to continue in the role. It has also been well reported that Amanda Redman and Alun Armstrong have had a falling out with the writers. I don't think there will be another series personally but its a case of watch this space.

A brilliant seriers but maybe it has run its course.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2012, 12:20 PM

Agreeing here with the consensus. It's run it's course. Shame, but there you go. THe plots are pedestrian and the cast seem bored.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2012, 07:27 PM

I liked Alun Armstrong,saw him in Liverpool in Les Miserable and he was great.Not keen on Dennis Waterman but like new man.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top