Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 06:10 PM

Have you too many gadgets?

I do, and I admit to hardly using some of them.

Take headphones. I've got 2 full sized Bluetooth over-ear cans, each costing over £350, I do use them both but 1 would do.

Then there are the in-the-ear phones. I have 3 Bluetooth sets (I only use 1 as the other 2 - including the Apple Airpods -aren't so good) plus 2 sets of wired earphones I no longer use at all since I moved to all Bluetooth.

Then there are my 3 phones, my iPad, my MacBook. I need one phone but could live without the other 2. They were expensive impulse purchases.

I'm the same with watches, owning 6 plus an Apple watch which barely gets used as I'm wearing a different watch. 2 weeks ago I spent £760 on a watch because I was bored.

I can't even be bothered getting round to selling gizmos I no longer use as I think that in the case of the watches I would regret it, and the other items I've had bad experiences using both ebay and gumtree. Perhaps I'll try donating them or just not buy anything new until what I have eventually wears out and breaks.

I've avoided smart devices such as Google Home or the Alexa range, though, as I can get the same functionality from my phones.

I think when I buy a new device I'm chasing that high of first getting a piece of shiny tech. The high only lasts about 10 minutes. My Sony hi-fi, though, which I never used, I've managed to repurpose as a sound system for my TV which I was quite pleased with as the speakers that come with TVs are rubbish. It sounds good too.

EDIT: In fact, writing this out has just convinced me to keep what I've got until something breaks and not buying anything new. I should be good for a few years.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 06:24 PM

Re: Have you too many gadgets?

Well what do you think Ffosse?
And this is just showing around half.

Ho The pic turned out upside down on here.
Will try again later.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	BC1573D5-EA8A-4C7F-912C-E5AD1548B3ED.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	6903  
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 06:25 PM

Wow !! Ffosse....more money than sense springs to my mind....
I do like gadgets myself but dont go OTT on shelling out loads for them..I am not fussed about having the latest this or that on the market...
I hope you enjoy getting much pleasure from all of them
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 06:46 PM

I bought a gadget today. A set of poultry shears.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 06:52 PM

More money than sense sounds about right. Plus being ill and having too much time on my hands. Pleased with my decision though not to buy anything else.

I don't gamble or own a car to spend money on but definitely have a shopping vice.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 07:46 PM

Yes, I have far too many gadgets. They are not all mine though. Four adults and house full of gadgets.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 08:09 PM

Short answer - Nope...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 08:37 PM

Nothing wrong with all of that, Ffosse. Whatever you like to spend your money on is entirely up to you bud. You're not harming anyone else and you appear to live on your own, pay your bills and what's left is your own to do with as you wish

I have very few gadgets as such. In fact, too few and I really do need to learn more about technology. But until I pay off a massive loan and get back to a normal lifestyle with something a proper daytime job freeing up more time, it's all on hold.
Until then, everything remains basic.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Nothing wrong with all of that, Ffosse. Whatever you like to spend your money on is entirely up to you bud. You're not harming anyone else and you appear to live on your own, pay your bills and what's left is your own to do with as you wish

I have very few gadgets as such. In fact, too few and I really do need to learn more about technology. But until I pay off a massive loan and get back to a normal lifestyle with something a proper daytime job freeing up more time, it's all on hold.
Until then, everything remains basic.
Nowt wrong with basic lad. Don't become an 'I wish' kid - just be happy with what you have
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Nowt wrong with basic lad. Don't become an 'I wish' kid - just be happy with what you have
My family, my friends and my health are what's important in life.
Materialistic things are very nice but are secondary to the above.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top