Join for free
Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 05:47 PM

Re: Removing shoes

The only people who use the front door are strangers and the Tesco/Iceland delivery drivers who deliver my shopping into the kitchen. If it's raining, the delivery drivers always wipe their feet on the front door rug, and besides, I have hall runners covering the carpet, so no problem, I can soon throw them into the washing machine if they get marked.
Everyone else always use the side entrance to the back door which has linoleum, as does the kitchen
Truth be told, If I ever asked any of them to remove their shoes they would take offence as most visitors are family. Besides, most come by car so why should they take their shoes off? As long as they wipe their shoes on the rug outside the door that is good enough for me. If they do make unintentional marks on the floor, a bucket of hot water and a mop soon solves that problem.
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 07:16 PM

I'd have thought it was basic good manners to remove shoes, and I don't have any carpets.
Can you imagine what germs and other disgusting things are carried on the soles of shoes.
Added to which I wouldn't want the babies crawling around on floors where outdoor shoes have trod.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Yolande ->
I'd have thought it was basic good manners to remove shoes, and I don't have any carpets.
Can you imagine what germs and other disgusting things are carried on the soles of shoes.
Added to which I wouldn't want the babies crawling around on floors where outdoor shoes have trod.

How old are the babies Yolande?
I just wondered because what will you do when they go to nursery school or pre-school playgroups?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I would never expect anyone to remove their shoes when entering my house. It is a home, not a palace. It is a place for people to feel welcome and relax.

Many who visit me start to take their shoes off at the door but l tell them there is no need.
Same Arty,

Mind you, we have wood floors.
If we go to anothers home, we just ask if they want us to remove our shoes or not.
It's kinda 50/50 as to who appears to care about it.
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
How old are the babies Yolande?
I just wondered because what will you do when they go to nursery school or pre-school playgroups?
By the time they get to that age they are upright and walking as opposed to crawling with their hands all over the floor. Hands that go straight to their mouths!
If our pavements weren't so embedded with animals' pee and poo, and sometimes humans' too, fag ends, chewing gum and lots of phlegm and spit I probably wouldn't worry.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
I always hope people will take their shoes off at our door, but I would never ask them.
I always do on entering anyones home, and think it is rather ignorant and not polite to do so.
What if they just wanted to use your loo?
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What if they just wanted to use your loo?
So long as they didn’t want to do a number two, and left 50 pee on the cistern.
That would be just fine!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
So long as they didn’t want to do a number two, and left 50 pee on the cistern.
That would be just fine!
Oh, so there are restrictions creeping in now?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 09:55 AM

Before entering someone else’s home?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

12-10-2018, 09:58 AM

Only if I am asked to. I wouldn't ask anyone to take theirs off if entering my house. Some of the houses I have worked in in the past, I would prefer to have taken my shoes off on the way out.

Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top