Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 10:55 AM

Re: MP's Tell their Leaders to act tough on Travellers!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I understand that the pikeys come from Ireland to go on their outings, and do so regularly.
I think you are right there JBR.
Bloody good in it.
Far too many of them come over here and go on lovely tours of the UK creating chaos wherever they go.
Then they scoot off back with their loot to other homes in Ireland or wherever.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a6904141.html

'Rathkeale: A small Irish town swollen by the proceeds of crime'

'Every year when the Travellers return from overseas to their spiritual home of Rathkeale, the streets of the small Irish town become clogged with expensive cars and the pubs filled with free-spending drinkers recounting their tales of success.

'The notoriety of Rathkeale – the home to the eponymous Rovers crime group – is unmatched by its population of 1,500'
'The notoriety of the town – the home to the eponymous Rovers crime group – is unmatched by its population of 1,500. That number is swollen by several thousand more of the returning entrepreneurs who use their funds to buy property and increase the already stark divide between the Travellers and the settled community of the town'

So they even dump on their own countrymen and women!
Whenever UJ talks about the scum bag Tory's, he needs to think about Scum Bag Travellers while he is at it!

PS
I appreciate that the below article was from a little while ago, but the same applies now I have no doubts.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...n-Ireland.html
https://www.google.com/search?q=trav...t=firefox-b-ab
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 12:21 PM

A group of people that add nothing but aggravation to the law abiding population .
They should be obliged to pay taxes like the rest of the country.
How I don't know .
Can't we expel them all back to Ireland if they are the Irish variety!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 12:38 PM

Hi BC, As you have now mentioned the town in Limerick that I didn't in my earlier post
I will agree with you. I have many times walked down that same street shown in the Independent. All of my Dad's family have lived in Rathkeale for generations, so I have good knowledge of what goes on there.

I'm sure I've posted before that years ago, six of us went over to attend the funeral of my Uncle,(Dad's brother) a very well respected businessman in the town. Until then, I had no knowledge or experienced of ever meeting with travellers.

Whilst staying there over the 3 days, on the first night, after a rather long journey, we fancied some Fish and Chips from the only Chippie in the town back then. When we walked into the shop there was a long queue stretching back to the doors, but we were quite happy to wait our turn. (We were staying in bed and breakfast with many others going to the Funeral)
We couldn't understand though why the proprietor and the two people wrapping the food kept beckoning us to come up to the front of the counter. Of course, being the nosy one of all of us, I walked up to the counter with many eyes in the long queue staring at me as I walked the length of the shop.
"What would you like?" I was asked, I just stood there so bewildered I couldn't answer! "Ermm, I'm not sure, I'll check with the others while we wait" is all I could think to say, "You don't have to wait, sweetheart, you take priority over this lot of travellers" he said within earshot of all of them. I looked at the people in the queue looking at me, and was aghast at how accepting they were of such an outrageous, discriminatory act against them! Of course, being furious but not sure how to respond, I must have been so red-faced with shame and embarrassment, I just replied "No thank you, we don't mind waiting our turn" and returned to the back of the queue. Nothing was said when we finally reached the counter, but I don't think the proprietor was very happy with our reaction!.

I feel sure that every right-minded person would have reacted in exactly the same way. That was pure discrimination of the worse kind. When I relayed the incident to my cousins and enquired why the travellers were treated so disgracefully, he wasn't too happy with what we had done. He said the townspeople were saying to all in their society, travellers had to know their place in the pecking order, if they chose not to pay taxes, and act in ways that are normal to they and their own kind, but antisocial to everyone else, and wished to keep to themselves on a "them and us" basis, then that is the way it is, it is down to the townspeople how they wish to treat them. End of!
I wanted to say so much more, but respect for my cousin, the reason we were there anyway and not knowing or understanding their ways, ensured I kept my mouth shut. But, regardless of how I feel about travellers now, I still seethe with rage over that inhumane and disgraceful treatment.

But, of course nowadays, the shoe is on the other foot. Rathkeale has for decades been the spiritual home of the travellers. Even back then, we were open-mouthed at all of the beautiful homes they owned, today there are so many beautiful newly built swiss-style 5/6 bedroomed homes built there, never lived in however, always boarded up for some reason or another!
The moment land becomes available, they snap it up for more building. So if anyone says they have nowhere to return to, they are talking poppycock.

Ireland itself though, is now so convulsed in Political Correctness that they have put into law that travellers must always be addressed with a capital T. The travellers have gotten away with so much over there that is the reason they have travelled over to England to try their luck over here also. They are making good use of their "Ethnic Minority" status to make mugs of our government and local authorites They learn very fast all the laws and regulations and won't hesitate to use the law themselves for their own ends if they think they can get "compensation" for being evicted from the rubbish tips that are of their own making.

As I said early, I abhor discrimination, but any sympathy I ever had for them has long ago disappeared.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
A group of people that add nothing but aggravation to the law abiding population .
They should be obliged to pay taxes like the rest of the country.
How I don't know .
Can't we expel them all back to Ireland if they are the Irish variety!
There would be no need if our authorities adopted what I suggested earlier.

If they trespass, and especially if they cause damage or strew rubbish, they should be evicted and their vehicles and caravans confiscated. If they fail to pay for any damage they have caused, they should be imprisoned just like any other criminal. They would soon get the message that we are NOT, after all, an easy touch.

Unfortunately, this country is becoming overrun by limp-wristed do-gooders who think that this is too harsh, including one or two on here.

We have a choice, take action or put up with it.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 01:08 PM

If they trespass, and especially if they cause damage or strew rubbish, they should be evicted and their vehicles and caravans confiscated. If they fail to pay for any damage they have caused, they should be imprisoned just like any other criminal. They would soon get the message that we are NOT, after all, an easy touch.

Unfortunately, this country is becoming overrun by limp-wristed do-gooders who think that this is too harsh, including one or two on here.

Well said JBR.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi BC, As you have now mentioned the town in Limerick that I didn't in my earlier post
I will agree with you. I have many times walked down that same street shown in the Independent. All of my Dad's family have lived in Rathkeale for generations, so I have good knowledge of what goes on there.

I'm sure I've posted before that years ago, six of us went over to attend the funeral of my Uncle,(Dad's brother) a very well respected businessman in the town. Until then, I had no knowledge or experienced of ever meeting with travellers.

Whilst staying there over the 3 days, on the first night, after a rather long journey, we fancied some Fish and Chips from the only Chippie in the town back then. When we walked into the shop there was a long queue stretching back to the doors, but we were quite happy to wait our turn. (We were staying in bed and breakfast with many others going to the Funeral)
We couldn't understand though why the proprietor and the two people wrapping the food kept beckoning us to come up to the front of the counter. Of course, being the nosy one of all of us, I walked up to the counter with many eyes in the long queue staring at me as I walked the length of the shop.
"What would you like?" I was asked, I just stood there so bewildered I couldn't answer! "Ermm, I'm not sure, I'll check with the others while we wait" is all I could think to say, "You don't have to wait, sweetheart, you take priority over this lot of travellers" he said within earshot of all of them. I looked at the people in the queue looking at me, and was aghast at how accepting they were of such an outrageous, discriminatory act against them! Of course, being furious but not sure how to respond, I must have been so red-faced with shame and embarrassment, I just replied "No thank you, we don't mind waiting our turn" and returned to the back of the queue. Nothing was said when we finally reached the counter, but I don't think the proprietor was very happy with our reaction!.

I feel sure that every right-minded person would have reacted in exactly the same way. That was pure discrimination of the worse kind. When I relayed the incident to my cousins and enquired why the travellers were treated so disgracefully, he wasn't too happy with what we had done. He said the townspeople were saying to all in their society, travellers had to know their place in the pecking order, if they chose not to pay taxes, and act in ways that are normal to they and their own kind, but antisocial to everyone else, and wished to keep to themselves on a "them and us" basis, then that is the way it is, it is down to the townspeople how they wish to treat them. End of!
I wanted to say so much more, but respect for my cousin, the reason we were there anyway and not knowing or understanding their ways, ensured I kept my mouth shut. But, regardless of how I feel about travellers now, I still seethe with rage over that inhumane and disgraceful treatment.

But, of course nowadays, the shoe is on the other foot. Rathkeale has for decades been the spiritual home of the travellers. Even back then, we were open-mouthed at all of the beautiful homes they owned, today there are so many beautiful newly built swiss-style 5/6 bedroomed homes built there, never lived in however, always boarded up for some reason or another!
The moment land becomes available, they snap it up for more building. So if anyone says they have nowhere to return to, they are talking poppycock.

Ireland itself though, is now so convulsed in Political Correctness that they have put into law that travellers must always be addressed with a capital T. The travellers have gotten away with so much over there that is the reason they have travelled over to England to try their luck over here also. They are making good use of their "Ethnic Minority" status to make mugs of our government and local authorites They learn very fast all the laws and regulations and won't hesitate to use the law themselves for their own ends if they think they can get "compensation" for being evicted from the rubbish tips that are of their own making.

As I said early, I abhor discrimination, but any sympathy I ever had for them has long ago disappeared.

WOW Shrops! .......
And thank you for taking the time to write all of your very thoughtful well thought out thoughts in respect of the Travellers situation as per your experiences.
That was better than reading a newspaper article there, and very enjoyable.
Please keep up the good work!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 02:36 PM

Totally agree with this solution.

For the benefit of UJ, it has nothing to do with what political party one wishes to advocate and is a realistic solution for an increasing problem.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->

For the benefit of UJ, it has nothing to do with what political party one wishes to advocate and is a realistic solution for an increasing problem.
If that were true, why are there no other MPs from other political parties taking part??? This is a campaign designed and orchestrated solely by the scumbag 'nasty party' in an attempt to divert attention to their utter incompetence in being able to govern.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
That's funny. You said I was overdoing it before.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

12-09-2018, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
If that were true, why are there no other MPs from other political parties taking part??? This is a campaign designed and orchestrated solely by the scumbag 'nasty party' in an attempt to divert attention to their utter incompetence in being able to govern.
What a load of utter rubbish and bollocks! .

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top