Join for free
Page 7 of 17 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 03:21 PM

Re: The Polish and Others are leaving.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Its funny but i was talking to them about what a difficult job it must be. They work under great pressure as a tight team, have to multitask a great deal, have a super memory and still have time to be nice to the customer. It's not a career choice and pays badly so unlikely to appeal to many on benefits.
Of for goodness sake ! Working down a mine is a hard difficult job so is cutting stone in a quarry or getting up at 4am to milk cattle then doing farm work until evening 7 days a week .
Making coffee and serving a few people is not what I would describe as hard or difficult in the least.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Simple Maths JBR.

Last year £1 cost 6 Zloty, now it is 5 Zloty.

A massive reduction in earnings.

The skilled ones are going now going elsewhere.
That only matters if the 5 Zloty pound is being sent home to Poland.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Of for goodness sake ! Working down a mine is a hard difficult job so is cutting stone in a quarry or getting up at 4am to milk cattle then doing farm work until evening 7 days a week .
Making coffee and serving a few people is not what I would describe as hard or difficult in the least.
I agree Meg! From my many visits to Italy I found plenty of baristas who found it an easy job and were happy to sit chatting to customers to make the day pass faster.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 03:35 PM

I forgot to mention the shifts. They work 45 hour weeks on their feet all day. Some days getting up at 4am.
How terrible, my heart bleeds for them

The trouble with this country is it is full if lazy people who don't know what it is to do a real days work.

Among my many jobs I ran a coffee busy shop so have experience in that field . No silly titles like 'barista' in those days. I went in at 5am every day to make all the cakes and scones before we opened then I worked until 6pm 6 days a week. That was a min 78 hours a week.

I thought myself lucky to have found an easy job after the previous ones where I was on duty 14 or 15 hours a day 7 days a week with a day off a month.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Perhaps, but still too difficult for our delicate teenagers
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 04:21 PM

Hi

The problem being that unless and until we train our own in those areas where we have skills shortages we are reliant upon immigrants.

We have also got to get our unemployed into work, which is not that easy.

A media studies student may well show a reluctance to work in a slaughterhouse.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 04:55 PM

Just about everyone bar those of a sadistic inclination are reluctant to work in slaughterhouses .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 05:13 PM

Perhaps, but still too difficult for our delicate teenagers
And that is where the problem lies! Our delicate teenagers should be told "don't take the job and you get no benefits"
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

22-05-2017, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The problem being that unless and until we train our own in those areas where we have skills shortages we are reliant upon immigrants.

We have also got to get our unemployed into work, which is not that easy.

A media studies student may well show a reluctance to work in a slaughterhouse.
As I just said in my last post, If they don't take the job they get no benefits. It is time we stopped pandering to our young and taught them "no work no pay"
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 05:27 PM

It's not what we have taught our young people to aspire too.
We have taught them to study work hard get good results and you get a decent job .
I would not like my grandchildren to work in a slaughterhouse and I bet no one else would too.

Page 7 of 17 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top