Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 09:42 PM

Are Single Men and Women a Threat?

It dos not seam to matter how old one is, as some couples see all single people as a threat.

I have been aware of this for some time, even though I do not or ever had any interest in a married or engaged man, apart from friendship, and business matters.

If a married man offers to help me in any way I can sense there wives do not like it. I had no idea that some people got more jealous as they got older as well as more irritable and very possessive as well.

I used to go to a local Petrol Station where the young owner who new my sons served me, and i was just polite to him and his mother who was very nice to me.

I was in the Supermarket with my daughter and saw him with a woman and said 'Hello' as i walked by.
'WHO WAS THAT' the woman said in very irate voice.
'Goodness' I though the poor man is not allowed to speak to another woman.

Of course I do have some friends who actually will leave their husbands with me if they go shopping, as they know I have no intentions of locking them in the cupboard!!

Even on the phone, I phoned a tradesman and asked for him by surname and a woman's angry voice said "WHO'S THAT "
I had to explain that he was doing some work for me.

She turned up at the house, and he was livid, as he was busy up a ladder decorating the ceiling in a bedroom, and I had go and get him.

I found out later that this was his second new wife who apparently was very insecure.

Such is life.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 09:48 PM

Re: Are Single Men and Women a Threat?

I don't think I've ever seen singles as a threat, it must depend on if you are confident in your relationship I imagine. My husband never notices women coming on to him so I've never had to worry about that, I'm also absolutely sure we love each other.

If I wasn't confident about that I can see that I might feel differently.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't think I've ever seen singles as a threat, it must depend on if you are confident in your relationship I imagine. My husband never notices women coming on to him so I've never had to worry about that, I'm also absolutely sure we love each other.

If I wasn't confident about that I can see that I might feel differently.

That is a lovely way to be Julie.
Secure and happy in the marriage.

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 10:11 PM

My youngest sister who looked like Brigitte Bardot was hated by many wives or men's girlfriends.
It wasn't her fault that men always chatted to her innocently but the wives saw her as a threat. My sister never encouraged the men, they just loved talking to her!
There are some horrible, jealous wives around who feel every other woman is a threat...when they are not at all!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 10:12 PM

I am single and live alone. Years ago after my divorce I moved into a wreck of a house. The husband of a relative offered to re-wire the house for me, which he did. I was very aware that my relative really resented in his helping me, but that was all it was, I was new to the area and had no other contacts. I was no more interested in him than he was in me. She stopped speaking to me, so I refused any other offers from him to help. We have not spoken for years.

I was very aware that friends from my married days could view me as a "threat", so I dropped them all and gave up on any form of social life.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 10:17 PM

When I was younger and newly divorced I could feel some women would watch their boyfriends/husbands if they were talking to me, but I haven't sensed that for many years now.
I assume they think me well past it now.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

02-08-2017, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
When I was younger and newly divorced I could feel some women would watch their boyfriends/husbands if they were talking to me, but I haven't sensed that for many years now.
I assume they think me well past it now.

I am sure that they think you well past it, is not true Mups. as you have got a strong Male Fan club here.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 10:25 PM

I don't know what to say - not sure that is true, but thank you. X
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

02-08-2017, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I am single and live alone. Years ago after my divorce I moved into a wreck of a house. The husband of a relative offered to re-wire the house for me, which he did. I was very aware that my relative really resented in his helping me, but that was all it was, I was new to the area and had no other contacts. I was no more interested in him than he was in me. She stopped speaking to me, so I refused any other offers from him to help. We have not spoken for years.

I was very aware that friends from my married days could view me as a "threat", so I dropped them all and gave up on any form of social life.
You should really ignore this behavior and walk with your head held high and you should have social life too.
There are some nice couples who will befriend you.

At Adult Education Classes there are very nice people some single and some married.

You can find them on line, many with your interests as wel

Good Luck

l
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 10:37 PM

At this age, single folk are only available by virtue of bereavement, or relationship disaster,, either way, the basis for a "New" relationship, seems flawed, unless the Ego's involved are equal, and balanced, and that is unlikely.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top