Join for free
Page 4 of 19 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2011, 12:55 PM

Re: A Weighty Subject.

Well done Geordie Girl! I wondered if you from this neck of the woods.

Hi Meg & thank you. I have yo-yo dieted ever since my second was born 1958 - if at first..... is my motto..
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2011, 05:50 PM

Well done Nutty keep it up 1.2lb off is better than 1.2lb on. At least you are making the effort unlike me who has only talked about it up to present. If Saturday is weigh in day I will kick my butt and get started on the mission to lose the 7lbs I have put on. It doesn't sound a lot but it makes a difference as when I try on something that fit ok before it doesn't fit quite the same now. It's surprising what a difference 1/2st makes. Weigh in next Saturday then.-- WATCH THIS SPACE--What's happened to RockRiderSpain are you still ploughing on with your challenge Rock? Tell us how you are doing.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2011, 11:16 PM

Thanks Rueben. I'll look forward to your results..

I have borrowed Marissa Peer's book 'You can be Thin' on CD's. It has spoiled my perception of cows milk now...
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Nuttygran ->
Thanks Rueben. I'll look forward to your results..

I have borrowed Marissa Peer's book 'You can be Thin' on CD's. It has spoiled my perception of cows milk now...
Why is that Nutty is it because of allergies or that it's mucous forming and the difficulties with digesting casein protein. Goats milk is supposedly better for us. Or is there even more bad news?
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.

27-06-2011, 04:29 PM

It's the mucous Rueben, somehow she has managed to plant an abhorrence in my mind. I use fully skimmed milk usually, I don't like goats milk nor can I drink my coffee black. I have tried soy milk in coffee but yuck! I am annoyed with myself and her - silly I know... Her argument is that no animal drinks the milk of another animal, plus our nearest animal relative is the ape, not the cow.
I tend to agree with some of her other views.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Nuttygran ->
It's the mucous Rueben, somehow she has managed to plant an abhorrence in my mind. I use fully skimmed milk usually, I don't like goats milk nor can I drink my coffee black. I have tried soy milk in coffee but yuck! I am annoyed with myself and her - silly I know... Her argument is that no animal drinks the milk of another animal, plus our nearest animal relative is the ape, not the cow.
I tend to agree with some of her other views.

Erm, must disagree about no other animal: all of us have seen pics of unusual lactating females nursing another spexies: dogs with kittens, etc. etc.
rueben
lancs uk

27-06-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Erm, must disagree about no other animal: all of us have seen pics of unusual lactating females nursing another spexies: dogs with kittens, etc. etc.
I have to second that. It may not be first choice but when first choice isn't available then substitute species have been used.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.

27-06-2011, 06:10 PM

Of cause Dandysmom and Rueben, what was I thinking of, you are both quite right. What a twit I am! Now all I have to do is banish the 'm' word from my mind... Hmm, that may take a while.

Thank you both.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.

30-06-2011, 02:35 PM

Tried rice milk in my coffee, surprisingly it's OK. I'm slowly cutting down on carbs & dairy foods. Trial & sometimes error but I think in the main the lady is helpful. The way she suggest eating is very near the paleo diet.

Hi Geordiegirl, how are you getting on? Also RockriderSpain and Topaz, let us know your news & views.
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2011, 02:49 PM

Afternoon all, been to "Fat Club" this morning and lost another 1lb

Page 4 of 19 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top