Join for free
Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 02:39 PM

Re: May's Big Speech

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Not only has she always maintained that statement, but I have been encouraged by those 'in the know', including Boris and JRM (among others) that it is perfectly possible for us to walk away. I am aware that things would be difficult for a time if we were to walk, but I'd prefer that to any giving in to the EU demands.

May is making the mistake of trying to keep everyone happy. What she is actually doing is annoying everyone:

The leavers are clearly unhappy with her concessions.
The EU mandarins seem to be unhappy because, as always, they want more.
The remainers are always unhappy unless and until, of course, we hand over our sovereignty to the EU.

Well that's what comes of trusting a scumbag 'nasty party' member!!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I cannot agree JBR.

She has appointed the whole lot of the most ardent Brexiteers to principle roles in Brexit.

Boris, Davies and Liam Fox at the start, and now Gove.
What about Hammond?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Well that's what comes of trusting a scumbag 'nasty party' member!!!
Oh give it a rest Joe. You're like a cracked record. It might have been funny once.

Presumably, you would trust Compo, then?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 03:04 PM

What will happen in my view is that a general election will called before the end of the `transitional` period is due to end resulting in a complete wipe-out of the current government in favour of the Labour Party who will then reverse the entire process and keep `us` in the EU no matter what the cost. Not only will the UK be a total laughing stock but the EU will ride over us rough-shod and impose all sorts of conditions on our continued membership including a reduction of our so-called rebate and throwing any number of `asylum seekers` onto our shores as per Merkel's directive.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 03:04 PM

Hi

Strangely enough, I agree that no deal is better than a bad deal.

My dislike of Theresa May is completely overshadowed by my dislike of Juncker.

I want Brexit, I want it to work.

I also want it delayed, simply because I do want want Juncker and Co to get a penny.

My solution is a Political Nightmare.

We withdraw Article 50 now.

We chuck £5 Billion at getting things ready now and leave a year later, 31st March 2020, owing nothing and well on our way.

That leaves us, due to the weird Maths involved, £27 Billion better off and the EU completely stuffed, nothing they can do about it at all.

JRM and Co are opposed to paying Top Class Trade Negotiators £500k a year plus Pensions.

I am not.

Theresa May and Co are opposed to paying Ex Staff, £135 an hour, but are quite happy to pay Private Sector Consultants £4000 a day for advice.

Those Consultants are quite happy to pay Ex Employees £135 an hour and add their Profit on It.

Welcome to the madness.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 03:22 PM

Oh give it a rest Joe. You're like a cracked record. It might have been funny once.

Presumably, you would trust Compo, then?

Oh dear have I spoiled your hero worship of the evil witch??? what a shame!!!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2017, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
What will happen in my view is that a general election will called before the end of the `transitional` period is due to end resulting in a complete wipe-out of the current government in favour of the Labour Party who will then reverse the entire process and keep `us` in the EU no matter what the cost. Not only will the UK be a total laughing stock but the EU will ride over us rough-shod and impose all sorts of conditions on our continued membership including a reduction of our so-called rebate and throwing any number of `asylum seekers` onto our shores as per Merkel's directive.
Has it escaped your attention that we are a laughing stock now?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

23-09-2017, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Perfectly possible, I'm afraid.

But if people are stupid enough to vote Labour into power, they will get what they deserve.

I hope and expect that continued membership of the EU, along with all the consequences, will not unduly affect my wife and me.

The people who will suffer are the young people, although in fairness they are the ones most likely to vote for the Loony Party.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

23-09-2017, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oh dear have I spoiled your hero worship of the evil witch??? what a shame!!!
You have spoiled nothing, I assure you. It is just that you are exceedingly boring.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

23-09-2017, 03:37 PM

You have spoiled nothing, I assure you. It is just that you are exceedingly boring.

Tough!!! - Be prepared to be bored, since I will not ease up my attack on the scumbag 'nasty party' and their acolytes.

Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top