Join for free
Page 8 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 07:49 AM

Re: Is it time to let Alfie go ?

I wonder who these people outside the hospital are? Are they friends of the family ? Pro lifers ? Or just folks to who like to protest? I think whoever they are they should examine their motives for being there now. The child needs compassion not all this rubbish
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 07:58 AM

Seeminly people who have the time to protest who obviously have no jobs to go too.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I wonder who these people outside the hospital are? Are they friends of the family ? Pro lifers ? Or just folks to who like to protest? I think whoever they are they should examine their motives for being there now. The child needs compassion not all this rubbish
I bet some of them don't even know Alfie! If they care so much they would be better occupied raising money for the other poor children in that hospital that are likely to survive, but may have to live with problems their illness have left them with.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 09:42 AM

Heartbreaking . If little Alfie lives what are the qualities of life for him , can he ever be better , sadly I doubt it , sometimes we have to think into the future don't we . My heart goes out to them and to parents with very sick children .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Some of them, look like they think they are queuing up for auditions, to appear on the Jeremy Kyle Show!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 11:45 AM

Now the supreme court has turned down the latest appeal, I hope Alfie's parents are permitted to have him home, as long as they don't try to take him to Rome. I believe there was some concern that they might try to do that.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Now the supreme court has turned down the latest appeal, I hope Alfie's parents are permitted to have him home, as long as they don't try to take him to Rome. I believe there was some concern that they might try to do that.
In my opinion the Pope was well out of order with his interference and ignorant offer of shipping the child over to Rome. Silly man!

Pope Francis, doubtless meant well, but his interference is at best unhelpful here and at worst damaging to an already fragile situation.

My fear is that it will encourage others who find themselves in a similar situation to believe that the doctors act "with malign intent".

The Pope would have been more merciful had he counselled the parents to let the child pass away peacefully, not encourage them to load him onto a plane and fly him hundreds of miles to die in a foreign hospital. No amount of medical treatment, not even in the confines of the Vatican, can rebuild an almost totally disease-destroyed brain.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
In my opinion the Pope was well out of order with his interference and ignorant offer of shipping the child over to Rome. Silly man!

Pope Francis, doubtless meant well, but his interference is at best unhelpful here and at worst damaging to an already fragile situation.

My fear is that it will encourage others who find themselves in a similar situation to believe that the doctors act "with malign intent".

The Pope would have been more merciful had he counselled the parents to let the child pass away peacefully, not encourage them to load him onto a plane and fly him hundreds of miles to die in a foreign hospital. No amount of medical treatment, not even in the confines of the Vatican, can rebuild an almost totally disease-destroyed brain.

Well said.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 02:01 PM

Everything else aside, I think that if the parents want to take him to Rome they should have been allowed to do so. I don't understand why a court should be allowed to prevent this. Parents should be free to treat their child where they wish. I don't understand why the NHS is wasting money to get involved in court action that stops parents making choices for their children.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 02:03 PM

If baby Alfie is in a 'vegetative state' I would imagine he can't feel pain.

Now he is off a ventilator I don't know why the parent can't just take him home to die and free up a much needed bed for another child.

Page 8 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top