Join for free
Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 17 18 19
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2012, 12:51 PM

Re: A Weighty Subject.

I appreciate my husband telling me if I've put on a bit of weight, it just goes to show that he does notice me still He is very supportive where diets are concerned and will often suggest things for my sake, that we should both cut out or reduce on. Also by him mentioning it I am more likely to do something about it than be miserable to myself worrying about my weight.

As Cate says, women do unfortunately put on a few more inches around the hip area as a result of having children but that doesn't worry me, it's when the waistline begins to expand that I start thinking.

Jem, it sounds like you have a great relationship with your dear wife so I think as long as you don't joke about her putting on a bit of weight, suggest you both start a healthier eating plan and then you could look forward to a treat, say.... on the weekend. Take her out for a nice walk (when weather permits) once or twice a week ...... I'm sure she will start to feel a lot better about herself.

Does your wife buy herself the box of chocolates or are they a gift? If they are a gift from someone else, maybe you could tactfully ask the person to substitute the chocolate with a nice bunch of flowers instead...
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2012, 07:20 PM

Re: A Weighty Subject.

Geee I have to have some treats now agean
my husband has never told me that I ned to loose
I no my self when to do it
I find just exersising 4 times a week, good luck its not bad when you get used to it

Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 17 18 19

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top