Join for free
Page 9 of 42 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 07:59 PM

Re: Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I know Nick is right wing but he doesn't shove it down anyone's throat or get annoyed. I was going to mention Iain Dale but I don't catch him too often as his hour is when I am usually coming back from work. Clive Bull is ok too.

What annoys me about Nige is that while he is charm in a bottle to most callers, he constantly complains about the government in a very nasty way. The other presenters don't do this.

The presenter that I will switch off is Maajid.
I agree Annie I guess because I agree with Nigel mostly about the tories I don't see it as unfair though. Maajid I thought originally would be great but how wrong I was.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If you read my post properly you will understand how I was pointing out that, it isn't the referendum result that will ruin this country, it will be the puerile arguments from those who lost the vote.
We should all be making the effort to make the vote successful, no matter how we voted, instead of giving the international press an opportunity to suggest that Britain couldn't organize a booze up at a brewery
Indeed. This is exactly the reason why this country is beginning to fail: we are quite incapable of pulling together for the common good.

Had we been able to do this seventy years ago, we would have taken the place of Germany to become the strongest and most economically successful country in Europe.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Indeed. This is exactly the reason why this country is beginning to fail: we are quite incapable of pulling together for the common good.

Had we been able to do this seventy years ago, we would have taken the place of Germany to become the strongest and most economically successful country in Europe.
Completely agree !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
He allows anyone no matter how awful they are to him to speak as long as they are polite. That's fair, unlike James obrien who can't stand anyone that disagrees with him.
If you should watch BBC's Question Time you will note that, almost invariably, it is the ubiquitous lefties who continually interrupt and try to shout down the words of the right wing speakers, rather than the other way around.

My favourite at the moment, Jacob Rees-Mogg, is an excellent example of the polite and intelligent person who has absolutely no need to castigate and predominate his political opponents.

It is my view that those who rely on shouting others down lack any opinions of profundity.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-01-2018, 09:58 PM

I'm sure that remainiacs will automatically deny it, but read this:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/90...-Juncker-video

As I have been saying many times.

Yes, deny it if you will, remainiacs. Time will tell who was right and who was wrong.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
And another one who wants to get judgey about what other people discuss. Presumably then you and I can agree that Farage is puerile? After all, it was his discussing a second referendum that captured media attention. And now he's saying he didn't mean it. Very puerile. I really thnk puerile is my favourite word of the day.

It's incredibly gracious of you to allow us to decide for ourselves if the conversation is worthy of continuation but not really for you to label anyone who chooses to do so as puerile, just because you don't agree. Making that sort of blanket judgement is well......puerile, but if it comforts you to believe anyone who disagrees with you is puerile, that's your choice.
Stop yer greetin'.......and yer sarcasm!

Sarcasm isn't a substitute for argument. It's the refuge of the witless.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 10:13 AM

The problem with that is that your definition of “the common good” is agreeing with you and doing what you think is right.

But I don’t think your ideas on Europe would lead to anything good for the UK and therefore if I went along with them, I wouldn’t be doing anything for the common good.

I think most people want to work for the common good but have very different ideas on what the common good might be or how it’s best achieved.

And I think it’s very arrogant to believe expect everyone to pull together to support your own aims and objectives and give up their own principles and beliefs when they think you are wrong and are damaging our country.

I believe the best way for use to pull together for the good of the country would be to stay in the EU and work together with our friends and allies.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-01-2018, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
The problem with that is that your definition of “the common good” is agreeing with you and doing what you think is right.

But I don’t think your ideas on Europe would lead to anything good for the UK and therefore if I went along with them, I wouldn’t be doing anything for the common good.
That's sad for you, because the majority disagree with you.

It's called democracy.

I assume that you'd prefer to live in a country where a minority of the people make all the important decisions.

North Korea sounds nice at this time of year.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

15-01-2018, 10:49 AM

Watching and listening to what Eu bosses have been saying before and since we voted I can't understand how anyone can still be a remainer. They clearly hate us and are going to do what they can to destroy us.

Why on earth want to belong to that club !

And anyone does, are they really on the side of the U.K. .?
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 11:33 AM

That's sad for you, because the majority disagree with you.

It's called democracy.

I assume that you'd prefer to live in a country where a minority of the people make all the important decisions.

North Korea sounds nice at this time of year.
Very often, the majority are wrong. Just because a lot of people believe something doesn’t make it right. And the majority in this case was a very small one. To go along with the crowd when you know they are wrong is weak willed and shows lack of character and integrity.

The whole point of a democratic vote is that it can be reversed democratically. But the Brexiters seems to want this one to be written in stone forever. The people you have condemned to Brexit have a democratic right to fight back. Otherwise this country would be no better than North Korea that you make your endless, repetitive jibes about.

Page 9 of 42 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top