Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Martinj
New Member!
northwest
Martinj is male 

18-12-2014, 12:41 PM

Re: Short term memory loss.

Happens to us all in the end
Life's to short to waste time worrying about it!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2014, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
I've just one thing to say...

Post-Its are my best friends.

What a lovely post
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2014, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Martinj ->
Happens to us all in the end
Life's to short to waste time worrying about it!
Yeah, I heard a woman in a movie once say "You think too much about the time you have left, you don't spend it living."

How right she is. With my anxiety and constant worry about my health and how much longer I have left on this earth, I don't really SPEND that time enjoying myself. I'm too preoccupied with what's to come rather than what's happening right now.

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
What a lovely post
Thanks
greg
nottingham-Derby Border
greg is male  greg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2014, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
I've just one thing to say...

Post-Its are my best friends.

Until you forget which postit note relates to which....errrmmm...thingy.
So you make a new one and....
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2014, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by greg ->
Until you forget which postit note relates to which....errrmmm...thingy.
So you make a new one and....
LOL

I haven't gotten quite that bad yet!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2014, 02:33 PM

Linda, sometime when someone else can relate to how you feel, then it reassures and comforts you. It's good to know you're not alone
Linda0818
USA

18-12-2014, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Linda, sometime when someone else can relate to how you feel, then it reassures and comforts you. It's good to know you're not alone
How very true. Because I sometimes think I'm losing my mind. I've heard memory loss is also a symptom of early-stage menopause and I'm entering it now, I believe. I'm 51 now and the hot and cold flashes are starting and I'm forgetting things, sometimes important things that have to do with work. My boss sometimes gets frustrated with me because he's all the time having to refresh my memory on stuff we did just the day before. And yesterday a couple of my hot flashes were so bad that I had to get up and go outside. The cold, 30-degree air felt nice. But then after that I was cold, LOL

This is dumb. And if there *is* such a thing as reincarnation and I come back as a female again, I'm gonna shoot somebody.

digital granma
Co. Durham, England
digital granma is female  digital granma has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2014, 02:55 PM

I read that going through a doorway makes the problem worse. The act of walking through makes the brain forget. When going upstairs from downstairs keep repeating in your mind or vocally what it is you're going for.
Linda0818
USA

18-12-2014, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by digital granma ->
I read that going through a doorway makes the problem worse. The act of walking through makes the brain forget. When going upstairs from downstairs keep repeating in your mind or vocally what it is you're going for.
Here's a good one for ya...

Last night I needed to go into the back room (just a spare bedroom we use for storage) to get something (I've already forgotten what it was) out of there. So I'm walking down the hallway and I get to the room and open the door and as soon as I walked in, my mind went blank. And I said to myself, "What am I doing? I didn't need to come in here," so I walked back out, closing the door behind me. Then I get halfway down the hall and said to myself AGAIN, "Wait, what am I doing, I *DID* need to go in there," so I went back and got what I needed.

That time I didn't forget what it was I needed, but I forgot that I needed to go in there in the first place.

And now, sitting here thinking, I still can't remember what it was I needed out of there last night. Paper plates maybe? Oh yeah, now I remember, toilet paper. When I buy toilet paper (or anything else) in bulk, I stick it in the back room and I'd gone in there to get out another pack.

Good grief. I need to just go back to bed and stay there for about 5 years.
Martinj
New Member!
northwest
Martinj is male 

18-12-2014, 03:05 PM

Just refuse to let it get to you
We all run around like lunatics when we're kids
Enjoy it to the full as adults

Hit 60+ and its chill out, been there and wore the t-shirt time
Forgetting a few things is a small price to pay for still being in the game

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top