Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 12:51 AM

Re: Santa Claus is no longer

What's this about a myth?

Father Christmas/Santa is REAL! I know this because I once saw him when I was a child. Admittedly, I was half asleep at the time, but I swear that I saw him leaving an orange, some nuts and a sixpenny piece (we were poor, you know) in my stocking late one Christmas Eve.

Of course, I haven't seen him since I grew up, but that's only because he only visits children.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Thanks for the history lesson, I fell asleep...your post said this
Explain, would that be the present government or all governments in all nations?
Well not the present government of course. It was Cromwell who banned Christmas.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 11:36 AM

I feel we need a referendum to decide, this could be bigger than Brexit

Santa for moi none off that posh FC stuff.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->

Funny you should say that i was going to do this as a poll , cause thats what a newspaper had done and i think it had come out very close , with Santa winning .

What comes to my mind is the song 'When Santa got stuck up the Chimney" sounds perfect to me , If it was changed to Father Christmas it just don't sound and flow right ..
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 12:27 PM

We always called him Father Christmas.

However, that could be wrong as he is definitely Santa Clause in this wonderful world of magic.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CharlotteBirdfairies

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 02:45 PM

Father Christmas he is here, his diet has changed over the years though, his treats here are vegetarian and dog safe just in case they decided to taste it for him.

The reindeers all arrive with glitter on their hooves, and it can take weeks to get rid of the stuff
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->

Me too, Nom Santa sounds more friendlier to me
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 08:40 PM

I've always used the name 'Santa' or 'Santa Claus'.

Contrary to the evidence on here that it is an Americanisation, and I am no fan of Americanisations as they are destroying our language(!), I always thought that the name 'Father Christmas' was the American version.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top