Join for free
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 08:29 AM

lets not judge a book by its cover..

or in this case the driver by their wheel spins....

we pulled up to the lights on the way home from the woods this morning and there was a citroen berlingo car in front of us.. The lights turned green and the driver gave a footfull of gas that would have kick started the space shuttle.. With wheels spinning and engine screaming the car shot off the lights..

At the next set of lights there it was again and again once the light went green it took off like a bullet engine screaming, wheels spinning like mad.
OH made a comment about brainless punk drivers and we shook our heads..

It was only as we drew level with the hospital and the citroen joined the filter lane that we were able to see the driver...

A little lady of about 80 so small she could only just see above the wheel and with a very prominant hearing aid stuck to the side of her head,..

I can only guess she couldnt hear the engine screaming.. I will keep a look out for her around town and stay well clear!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 08:50 AM

Re: lets not judge a book by its cover..

Every self-employed mechanic's dream....an elderly. regular customer.........
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 09:40 AM

My daughter's f-i-l (92) had to have a new clutch fitted to his car which was only three years old, which he'd had from new. The final straw came when he went the wrong way round a roundabout and took out a woman's wing mirror. The family made him give up the keys, must to his disgust.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 09:44 AM

In my very first office job I used to drive the firm's mini van delivering invoices and so on. Sometimes I would go on errands with my old boss driving. He used to boast he'd never taken a driving test and drove everywhere in first gear
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 10:14 AM

A woman I once new drove a bright blue flashy new sports car , she was 74 a beautiful vibrant lady who suited the car , she offered me a lift into town with the top down , she drove the whole way into town in 2nd and third gear . I realised the car was too powerful for her and afterwards always felt she shouldn't be driving it .
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 10:49 AM

Living in a very rural and aging area, one is always mindful of elderly car drivers

Mr missy was driving the other day and we were running late, so he was certainly doing the nsl, and ended up very close the the rear of an elderly driver, tootling along at 20/30mph Must of scared her rotten cos as I was telling Mr Missy to pull back and slow up, she ended up indicating right , pulling over to the left and stopping slap bang in the middle of a bend

There's a lot of elderly drivers who really shouldn't be on the roads but with no public transport they would be totally isolated without their cars
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 11:20 AM

We have a neighbour who was 91 this year, not that anyone would believe it, she certainly doesn't look it, or act it. Her affectionate nick name is "speedy" and it's to be hoped that nobody is ever crossing the road when she drives down, she only has two speeds, fast and faster. What she is like on the main roads I don't know.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top