Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 07:18 AM

Re: The New Austin Brexit

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I am sorry if you get the impression that Brexit bothers me in the slightest, whether Britain remains in the EU or not is of no concern to me either way as I have stated before (infact I voted 'No' in the 1975 referendum on the issue). The above article was sent to me by my cousin who lives in the UK.

From afar I am merely an observer of the slow train wreck that is Brexit. However if there was a more chaotic way of leaving the EU (or indeed any organisation) managed by a more incompetent government with apparently absolutely no idea what they are doing I would be interested to hear about it.
The main problem the Govt has is that the vast majority of politicians are Remainers and the EU are being deliberately obstructive.

I think anyone would struggle in that environment.

Still, despite the resistance of the establishment, we are leaving. We , the people, have made our choice.
If the establishment wants to embarrass itself in the processs so be it.
We are leaving, thankfully, and I do get a perverted sense of pleasure from watching the powers that be making total pig's ear of it.......sort of confirms that we made the right choice.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The main problem the Govt has is that the vast majority of politicians are Remainers and the EU are being deliberately obstructive.

I think anyone would struggle in that environment.

Still, despite the resistance of the establishment, we are leaving. We , the people, have made our choice.
If the establishment wants to embarrass itself in the processs so be it.
We are leaving, thankfully, and I do get a perverted sense of pleasure from watching the powers that be making total pig's ear of it.......sort of confirms that we made the right choice.

Definitely. Whenever I hear that Barnier is being obstructive I just think that's why we are leaving.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 12:25 PM

Hi

I take no pleasure at all at the mess that is being made of Brexit by our Politicians.

They will keep their fat salaries, expenses and pensions, the rest of us will suffer if they do not get this right.

It is entirely due to our own incompetence that we are the ones asking for a transition period, and for that we are getting stung.

I object to paying Juncker a penny more than we have to under International Law.

We are now in the big bad world and asking for a Trade Agreement, the EU are not asking the UK for one.

They will hammer us and I do not blame them, we would do the same, the object of the exercise is to do the best for your own Economy, not any else's.

Liam Fox has screwed up big time in annoying those other Countries we have Trade Deals with as part of the EU.

This is not good news for the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41859691

I have no issue with Brexit at all.

I have great issues in the way the idiots at the top are going about it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Definitely. Whenever I hear that Barnier is being obstructive I just think that's why we are leaving.
Completely agree what's happened since the vote has just made me wonder what remainers actually want us to belong to because it's hardly a good example of an organisation that treats us well.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 05:31 PM

It's the alternative that's more frightening. Our nutty politicians in full control are more scary than barny or junk.

But my main gripe as I've said before is the waste of unpicking the relationship. Getting rid of good stuff in the process, sending business into chaos, making our lives harder all round.

I mean a trivial issue in the great scheme but we have just got EU wide roaming. This was a blessing when i visited France recently. Lots of people were caught out by rip off charges in the past.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's the alternative that's more frightening. Our nutty politicians in full control are more scary than barny or junk.

But my main gripe as I've said before is the waste of unpicking the relationship. Getting rid of good stuff in the process, sending business into chaos, making our lives harder all round.

I mean a trivial issue in the great scheme but we have just got EU wide roaming. This was a blessing when i visited France recently. Lots of people were caught out by rip off charges in the past.
You can always do what I do when on holiday abroad......switch the phone /tablet OFF....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
You can always do what I do when on holiday abroad......switch the phone /tablet OFF....
It's extremely useful having a satnav on your phone when you are sightseeing in a new location abroad. Just looking up reviews for restaurants or local bus routes etc is so easy. It used to be a luxury and now you don't need to make special arrangements for a bolt on, it was brilliant.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I am sorry if you get the impression that Brexit bothers me in the slightest, whether Britain remains in the EU or not is of no concern to me either way as I have stated before (infact I voted 'No' in the 1975 referendum on the issue). The above article was sent to me by my cousin who lives in the UK.

From afar I am merely an observer of the slow train wreck that is Brexit. However if there was a more chaotic way of leaving the EU (or indeed any organisation) managed by a more incompetent government with apparently absolutely no idea what they are doing I would be interested to hear about it.
Incompetent government? Coming from an Australian that’s hilarious.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Incompetent government? Coming from an Australian that’s hilarious.
Sorry, are you really that stupid?? Australia has not had a recession since 1991 and you think that is incompetent? Don't make me laugh.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 06:15 AM

Interesting article in today's Sydney Morning Herald entitled: 'This is a genuine crisis': The 'cliff edge' moment coming for Britain. Written by the SMH and the Age's Europe Correspondent.

Quite interesting reading. Some quotes:

When the country goes over that cliff edge into a "hard" Brexit outside Europe's single market and customs union, Lord Adonis says, there will likely be a serious economic crash.

They're just not up to it, says Adam Boulton, a veteran Sky News presenter who has been reporting on politics since the Thatcher years.

"I have never seen such poor calibre of leadership across the board at Westminster," he says. "Given Britain is in the process of taking a serious existential decision for a generation that is extremely distressing."

Lord Adonis is a little more generous. "Referendums are all very well when people agree with their political leaders," he says. "But when they disagree – what happens? You have the extraordinary situation of a political class having to pursue a policy which almost nobody agrees with but [everyone] feels at the moment incapable of changing."
The full article is here:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/this-is-...17-gzna4v.html

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top