Join for free
Page 307 of 1676 « First < 207 257 297 305 306 307 308 309 317 357 407 807 1307 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 08:53 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

...unless I am and no-one bothered telling me....

I was sure you wouldn’t mind being dead for the sake of “poetic art” Pug, besides you were saying you were bored to death anyway, self resurrection is a glorious thing, welcome back Lazarus, although Lazarus had divine assistance but you did it all by yourself, bravo!
Methinks there are a few Lazarus’s of old roaming about this place, welcome back to those too, as the old song goes “like the black sheep of old, they return to the fold” Amen to that.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 09:12 PM

I was watching an old cavalry film with Audie Murphy in it, it was showing for the umpteen time, talk about the old Plaza cinema, it's only in the ha'penny place compared to Film 4, “40 Guns to Apache Pass”
The army general says to the captain (Murphy) “listen son, there are two ways of getting men through a door, kick ‘em through or lead them through” “Ah so that’s why so many soldiers have flat asses Sir?, I used to think it was from sitting on the horses” Smart arse Murphy got a week in the can for that.
They really knew how to write strange dialogue in Hollywood back then, especially in the westerns, who can forget James Stewart (mouthful of marbles as the wife calls him) standing at his wife’s graveside reading the daily news to her. Shenandoah I think it was called, “I put some fresh flowers on your grave today Martha…” real get out the violin stuff. Then there’s this classic from the same film

“Charlie Anderson: Do you like her?
Lt. Sam: Well, I just said I...
Charlie Anderson: No, no. You just said you loved her. There's some difference between lovin' and likin'. When I married Jennie's mother, I-I didn't love her - I liked her... I liked her a lot. I liked Martha for at least three years after we were married and then one day it just dawned on me I loved her. I still do... still do. You see, Sam, when you love a woman without likin' her, the night can be long and cold, and contempt comes up with the sun”

A few well chosen words of advice to a young man, that’ll have the ladies swooning at your feet young feller, eat your heart out Casanova.
They also have weird program setters at Film 4 too, they assume that their audiences are retired doddery old gits and gitesses with failing memories, hence all the life insurance and leave your money to the cats and dogs homes ads, so they decide a week is long enough to wait before they sling on the same film again, they won't know the difference anyway.
Then you have the ‘“Theme” selectors who decide and make up the film “Bundles” if you know what I mean, this week it’s westerns and next week it’s war, the week after that it’s stupid Japanese cartoon film week, and so on, all I can say is God help the people who can’t get out of the house.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 09:23 PM

I'm just glad, the Egg Channel has been Scrambled.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 09:44 PM

Buddy was back today, in essence, but wasn't enrolled.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 02:17 PM

Y'know the REAL trouble with those Russian dolls? Hmm?

Well I'll tell y'all. Their REAL problem is that they're just too full of themselves!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 02:43 PM

Hey,how about this...[this is totally true & unembellished]
Today,I had a call from an employment agency. I'm not enrolled, not a member, don't know them, had no idea why they rang ME,of all the people available. Right...a nearby council just can NOT get dustcart drivers. NO idea why not, that's just the way it is-they can get loaders by the dozen, but cannot keep drivers. Meh-ok,quoth I,I'll happily alleviate the intensity of my research into electronic sub-quantum numeric geometric scanning of sub-polarised quantitative agglomerating tachyon-clusters and the protonic polarity-reversals thereof,and drive a dustcart for a while instead, as indeed,I am experienced in that particular arena of expertise.

BUT. [this is the good bit, chaps.....honest....]

I've been turned down by the council [which I won't name,as I have no wish to shame those employed there]....because some spazmoid yard foreman [i.e.,some 'thicker than housebrick custard' dork who can't operate or drive waste disposal vehicles, as his i.q. is slightly lower than the freezing-point of liquid hydrogen, said "Nah...he's got too many degrees, he'll be shit"!!!!! I kid you not! That is exactly as reported back to me by the agency-and as some of you will know, agencies tend to auto-record their phone conversations with prospective employees/employers,so it's genuine. I laughed my poor shrivelled little nuts off on hearing it,I really did. I used [until a divorce] own a skip-hire company,PLUS run four recycling yards simultaneously. On becoming a single man,post-divorce,I drove DUSTCARTS [see that? Hmm?] for a company who had the contract for this area. It was great, as my crew consisted of a Latvian,a Russian,a Pole...and myself doing the driving. We spoke usually in Russian with/to each other, but we used to have "going Polish" days, when the first one to forget, and utter a word for any reason NOT in Polish had to get the bottles of pop for everyone. We tried it with Latvian,too-but Vic was too good, [well,being Latvian,he would be] so we used to have "Speak Italian" days, just to be silly...I know,I know, sounds utter dork, right? Maaan,we laughed our way round the route,insulting,making words up, getting syntax correct but grammar wrong,being daft-and we were GREAT mates. Oh,plus I hold lgv/hgv class1 with STGO to 250 tons,PLUS my psv licence is 'all types'...that's everything from trams to crash-box double-deckers,and everything in between. YES,it's true [to my detriment] that I hold degrees in three TOTALLY unrelated subjects....but,ffs...I'm not allowed to drive their dustcarts because I learned some stuff!!! Oh-and I can make espresso, too. BOLLOX!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 07:46 PM

'Ello, Ello, Ello there seemed to be a little hitch in the system called 'remember your history - well I guess we all like to remember our history it proves we're sane and came from somewhere but remembering ya history around these parts is fraught with danger as some cyberghost in Latvia told me " never remember ya history in cyberspace" as the cyberghost said to the rookie it can get ya banged up in nowhere!

I see ya've all been prattlin on about nuffing and everyfin since I was on the loo [ well sometime the strain takes for ever] the last time I spoke to Jem his remorse was culpable and all because of a bit of ozzie history floatin around.

Not sure how long I can stay this time but I know I'll keep bouncin back as the rubber blowup doll said to the travellin salesman - " you just keep blowin me up lovely and I'll keep giving ya all the puff ya need"!

yes Pug - too many qallies is a cautionary tale - I used to interview hundreds of people once - well someone has to move the shit - and we always looked on someone with too many with suspicion - why do they want to work with the lowly unwashed like us we asked - so quallies beware.

spitties got the right idea -keep it short in one sentence and no more than 7 words if poss.

greetings playmates

Jem get out in the sunshine laddie and stop watching all those old westerns - ya should never have got yaself a shed at the bottom of the garden !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

27-09-2017, 09:22 PM

I enjoyed that tale Pug, I would have loved to be on your crew of drivers, I know a few choice words in Irish too.
That “over qualified’ expression they us now is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard, it’s usually used by someone less intelligent than yourself and delivered with smug satisfaction.

Get out into the sunshine says he! this is Ireland in late September Gummy and the rain is only pelting off the roof, it not Wallawalla in Australia where the rain never falls and the sun never sets.
So you got yerself all tangled up in your own history and banjaxed yerself in the process, let that be a lesson to you to never look back, what’s gone is gone and lost forever.
Anyway it’s good to see your back, turn around now and lets see your front.
Maybe you could do a poem about your experience “Locked out in Cyber Space” might be a good title.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

27-09-2017, 10:17 PM

Banjaxed, had to Google that, I bet Jem is now in the Boozer, with his next of Kin.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

27-09-2017, 10:21 PM

Good to see Gummy, back on the Electoral Role, that will increase his "Credit" rating.

Page 307 of 1676 « First < 207 257 297 305 306 307 308 309 317 357 407 807 1307 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top