Join for free
Page 90 of 255 « First < 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 190 > Last »
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 09:51 PM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

That's wonderful. Now you're ahead of me, haha!
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 11:34 PM

well, i do not expect that to last long---but whats important is we are all doing well...
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 11:37 PM

just put this post on my slimming world group page---had some replies already..thought youd all like to see it---maybe tell me your unexpected benefits !!

SOME UNEXPECTED BENEFITS FROM LOSING WEIGHT.
I have only lost a modest amount--1 and a half stone, but already noticing benefits that I did not expect...
1 i can get in and out of the bath easy peasy.
2 i can do my weekly shopping, come home and walk the dogs without even a sit down.
3 i can get through baby gate--aka dog gate in my house, without touching the sides.
4 i have discovered that I love couscous.
5 i have also discovered that i do not need bread in my life--therefore no butter etc.
6 I can have somone put his arm round my waist and not feel embarrassed
7 bed---dont ask !!
8 I just do not crave chocolate, cakes or biscuits any more
9 i can reach my toenails easily
10 finding that clothes that I could not get into, are now too big for me !
So what are your best benefits from losing weight--unexpected or otherwise
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 11:48 PM

Due to my health problems my activity has decreased and ive put on weight,so now i need to reduce my calorie intake to compensate , dont expect this to be easy.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 12:27 AM

Mine's going slower than molasses in January, but like Mariana said, we're doing well and the important thing is we're trying. For a long while I got careless and ate anything I wanted, anytime I wanted, and didn't care. Then something inside me woke up and I realized I couldn't continue on that way because I would only keep putting on the weight. So when I plateau out, I don't complain about it too much because although the weight loss is going slow, I'd much rather maintain than gain.

In my honest opinion, I eat too many carbs. That much I know for a fact. I think I need to cut back on them. But, admittedly, I'm a carb junkie. I love bread (mostly wraps and pitas) and hot cereals and potatoes and other starchy veg, like peas and corn (even though neither of those are technically a vegetable, but who cares? lol) and pasta. Not a big rice fan, but I love pasta on occasion.

As to your question, Mariana, about the benefits of losing weight, I just don't feel all the things I felt when I lost 6 stone in my 40's (and put most of it back on, which is why I'm back in weight loss mode). I lack the energy I used to have and I personally don't think I look any different, even after losing 15 pounds. My boss says he sees a difference, but I don't.

And wow, I'm rambling... I need to shut up and go do my damn dishes and clean up my damn kitchen and... yeah, I'm kind of in a rotten mood today, my apologies.

mariana
Kent. Uk.

24-08-2016, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Due to my health problems my activity has decreased and ive put on weight,so now i need to reduce my calorie intake to compensate , dont expect this to be easy.
It may not be quick or easy---but if you can get there eventually , it will be worth it---I still have a long way to go.

I know several men who have had spectacular results at Slimming World--they do an online version too-but if you can get to a group, the online version is also included. And men tend to lose faster than women-ive seen it time and again.

Good luck Nom, we are here to help you, if that is what you want .
mariana
Kent. Uk.

24-08-2016, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Mine's going slower than molasses in January, but like Mariana said, we're doing well and the important thing is we're trying. For a long while I got careless and ate anything I wanted, anytime I wanted, and didn't care. Then something inside me woke up and I realized I couldn't continue on that way because I would only keep putting on the weight. So when I plateau out, I don't complain about it too much because although the weight loss is going slow, I'd much rather maintain than gain.

In my honest opinion, I eat too many carbs. That much I know for a fact. I think I need to cut back on them. But, admittedly, I'm a carb junkie. I love bread (mostly wraps and pitas) and hot cereals and potatoes and other starchy veg, like peas and corn (even though neither of those are technically a vegetable, but who cares? lol) and pasta. Not a big rice fan, but I love pasta on occasion.

As to your question, Mariana, about the benefits of losing weight, I just don't feel all the things I felt when I lost 6 stone in my 40's (and put most of it back on, which is why I'm back in weight loss mode). I lack the energy I used to have and I personally don't think I look any different, even after losing 15 pounds. My boss says he sees a difference, but I don't.

And wow, I'm rambling... I need to shut up and go do my damn dishes and clean up my damn kitchen and... yeah, I'm kind of in a rotten mood today, my apologies.

Linda--dont beat yourself up--you have lost over a stone--there must be some difference---do amy of your clothes feel looser---sometimes i can notice a huge difference in my clothes and my weight appears to be static---its not always about pounds off--i am finding that no matter what i do, i go as few weeks with just losing a pound a week--then for no reason--as I eat the same all the time, I will drop by another 3 pounds in a week---but all that time, my clothes are getting looser--even too big in cases -see my benefits

Plus do not forget--we only see ourselves from one angle---others see us from all angles--not sure if that is a ggod thing or not Lol Lol
Linda0818
USA

24-08-2016, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by mariana ->
Linda--dont beat yourself up--you have lost over a stone--there must be some difference---do amy of your clothes feel looser---sometimes i can notice a huge difference in my clothes and my weight appears to be static---its not always about pounds off--i am finding that no matter what i do, i go as few weeks with just losing a pound a week--then for no reason--as I eat the same all the time, I will drop by another 3 pounds in a week---but all that time, my clothes are getting looser--even too big in cases -see my benefits

Plus do not forget--we only see ourselves from one angle---others see us from all angles--not sure if that is a ggod thing or not Lol Lol
I'm not sure that's a good thing, either

No, my clothes don't feel looser, but that's probably because I've always worn baggy clothes to begin with. Not huge, oversized stuff, just clothes that are comfortable and not constricting. I can't stand the feel of clothes hugging too closely to my body. And I don't wear jeans anymore. Not since I put weight back on and I slowly grew out of my jeans. I pitched them all out and haven't bought anymore since. To be honest, I don't really like jeans all that much anyway. I don't like the feel of the heavy material and, again, that feeling of constriction. So at work and in public, I live in leggings and at home I live in sweatpants.

So it would be kind of hard to tell if my clothes fit any looser because they already are loose, lol.

I just keep an eye on the scale.

Thanks for the words of encouragement
Linda0818
USA

24-08-2016, 03:56 PM

Interesting read that I totally agree with...

http://www.cheatsheet.com/health-fit...=YF&yptr=yahoo
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 04:26 PM

I think you are both doing great.

I had Chicken Salad today.

Page 90 of 255 « First < 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 190 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top