Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 06:32 PM

Re: Australia......

It’s worth the 24 hour flights to get a decent flat white!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 06:39 PM

Why on earth have Chrismas in the middle of summer? Stupid I call it,never want to spend that time in Aussie land

Everyone knows Christmas is in winter with snow coming down- sitting beside a log fire eating roast chestnuts.

No one has bothered to tell the Australians
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Why on earth have Chrismas in the middle of summer? Stupid I call it,never want to spend that time in Aussie land

Everyone knows Christmas is in winter with snow coming down- sitting beside a log fire eating roast chestnuts.

No one has bothered to tell the Australians
No they still have sun blessed beaches , cloudless skies, hot days, sun tans. Non of this snow and rain. you see pictures of them on the Beach , drink in hand , all smiles,I do feel sorry for them, they dont know what they are missing
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
No they still have sun blessed beaches , cloudless skies, hot days, sun tans. Non of this snow and rain. you see pictures of them on the Beach , drink in hand , all smiles,I do feel sorry for them, they dont know what they are missing
And prawns... don't forget the prawns on the barbie at Christmas.

Ooops... I mean shrimp
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 08:50 AM

Wish I could get there I hate cold and snow.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Last year one of my friends from Malaysia visited in September especially to see snow - something she had never seen before. As it happened that year the snow season lingered longer than usual so there was still a bit of snow in the Snowies.

We drove up to Perisher and she enjoyed herself walking about in the snow for a couple of hours. It also reminded me, who hadn't seen snow since 1974(ish) in London when it snowed at Easter, that I could die happy if I never saw snow again.

On the other hand my kids (born here) spend a fortune visiting the snowfields here, in New Zealand and Japan just to snowboard and ski. They used to invite me to join them but I always politely refuse.

Here she is doing her impression of a parcel. She (and I) wore every bit of warm clothing we could find including some of my kid's snow gear (she is used to 32°C all year round)

Personally I freeze when it gets below 10°C at night.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	160916 014 Snowy Mountains Perisher Mary.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	4198  
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 11:39 AM

We'd like to have you, Pury. Let us know when you'll arrive and we'll make sure the spiders, snakes and sharks are locked up.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
We'd like to have you, Pury. Let us know when you'll arrive and we'll make sure the spiders, snakes and sharks are locked up.
50 years ago you would have had to lock up your "Sheilas" as well!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 01:46 PM

50 years ago you would have had to lock up your "Sheilas" as well!
We did. When we heard you couldn't make it, we let them out again.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

12-10-2017, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
We did. When we heard you couldn't make it, we let them out again.
I couldn't find a tenner for the assisted passage.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top