Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 02:23 PM

Stamina

Well p*ssed off!!! - Went on demonstration this morning in support of the NHS - there was to be a march too from the place where the demonstration began down through the town to the Conference Centre (The Labour Party are holding there conference here this week). Thrombocytopenia has robbed me of all my energy and stamina and I was unable to join the march, much to my chagrin.

Will now have to come to terms with the fact I am no longer able to attend demonstrations and marches
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 02:42 PM

Re: Stamina

I'm sure, UJ, you've been on enough demos and marches in the past, to show your support, for various causes! So yes, there comes a time when your body just doesn't want to know, and we have to accept that.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 06:46 PM

Why can't you go on the march on a mobility scooter UJ?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 06:54 PM

Did you manage to have something to eat UJ while you were there?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 06:56 PM

I don't understand UJ, is it because of your low blood count? what does that have to do with anything.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 06:58 PM

Such a pity you were unable to attend, you might have been able to explain why LoonyLabour want to abolish the police.

Edited to add...
Labour conference rolled into Brighton today and the town came to a standstill for an anti-Brexit, open-borders march convened by hard left group Movement for Justice by Any Means Necessary. Protesters chanted “Brexit is racist” outside the conference venue, speakers denounced the Home Office and immigration detention centers as “racist” and shouted: “open the borders”. One banner read: “Communism not Corbynism, Abolish the Police, Smash the Borders”…

Anti-fascist and anarchist flags were also on display:

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0390.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	4049  
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 08:29 PM

Perhaps nowt to do with that, more that you are over weight and a diabetic???
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Why can't you go on the march on a mobility scooter UJ?
I would love one of those mobility scooters Carol darlin' but I have nowhere to store it and I can't leave it out on the street for obvious reasons.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

25-09-2017, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Did you manage to have something to eat UJ while you were there?

Susie darlin' you should know me better than that by now - yes of course I had a full breakfast before gathering for this march.

"I don't understand UJ, is it because of your low blood count? what does that have to do with anything".

Yes Susie darlin' - Thrombocytopenia eats your red blood cells (its like a form of Leukemia) and if my red cells are below par then I have little or no energy. I still haven't recovered fully from earlier this year. Pushing a vacuum cleaner across my carpet here in my lounge is a major effort.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

25-09-2017, 10:21 AM

Hi UJ, I also have low blood count, I am up to 95 red cells now but I was down to 65.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top