Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 11:30 AM

Re: Shopping at Waitrose???

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I'm rather partial to some horse meat - very tasty - have had some myself some years ago when I travelled through France.
Are you sure it wasn't NI?

That would explain Shergar's disappearance
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Are you sure it wasn't NI?

That would explain Shergar's disappearance
No I do know the difference between the Channel and the Irish Sea thank you very much. Although I did have some very excellent 'Bambi' in Belfast which, as it happens at a French Restaurant.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
At least there's no horse meat in them.

Yes, and as with the European eggs, it didn't take months to inform us either!! long after many of us had eaten the products several times. Grrrr.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Yes, and as with the European eggs, it didn't take months to inform us either!! long after many of us had eaten the products several times. Grrrr.

That's not something we know, since the product recall fails to tell us just when Waitrose itself knew of this potential contamination.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 12:17 PM

Food alerts happen all the time - there have been 38 issued by the FSA so far this year:

https://www.food.gov.uk/enforcement/alerts?f

ASDA, LIDL, M&S, Sainsbury's, Tesco, Ocado, SPAR, Booths, Morrisons, Iceland, Thornton's and the Coop are among those affected.

Coincidentally, I found that:

William Santus & Co recalls Uncle Joe’s Liquorice & Aniseed Extra Strong Mints as the sweets may contain small pieces of metal

15 May 2017

Uncle Joe’s Liquorice & Aniseed Extra Strong Mints 35g tins are being recalled because the sweets may contain small pieces of metal which could represent a safety risk.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 12:52 PM

That's not something we know, since the product recall fails to tell us just when Waitrose itself knew of this potential contamination.
They wouldn't be removing things from shelves if it wasn't right this minute Uj. One thing I like about waitrose is they are very keen on customers lives being better not worse, they also treat their staff pretty well too.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 12:55 PM

No I do know the difference between the Channel and the Irish Sea thank you very much. Although I did have some very excellent 'Bambi' in Belfast which, as it happens at a French Restaurant.
How much was it?

I've heard it's deer

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top