Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 05:56 PM

Canadian family rescued from Taliban

Does anyone else think this is as fishy as a two day old mackerel?

What was the bloke doing in Afghanistan ( helping poor villagers just doesn't wash IMO ) ?

Why did he refuse to get on a plane to Canada via the USA?

Why does he profess to be a Christian but wear an Islamic style beard ?

Why did they keep precreating children while in 'captivity '.

One thing the Taliban diet is obviously very effective for weight loss as both were morbidly obese at the beginning of their captivity !

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8000146.html
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 06:12 PM

Re: Canadian family rescued from Taliban

I do and have been saying it all long.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 06:23 PM

Yes, there's something decidedly dodgy about this.
Besides the points/questions already mentioned, the general one is who in their right mind would take their 7 month pregnant wife backpacking anywhere, let alone Afghanistan?
And why would she go?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 08:37 PM

I too think something is not quite right. In fact none of it really sounds right.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 08:58 PM

I also think it's a bit suss. He was previously married to a radical Islamist so who's to know if he hadn't been converted? I can't see him as being a hostage all that time especially when he claims that he was beaten and his wife raped when he refused an offer proffered by his captors. Surely they would have killed him?

The Canuck cops need to keep a good watch on him.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 09:49 AM

Decidedly dodgy imo. No-one in their right minds would take his heavily pregnant wife on a flight thousands of miles as an act of "Christian" charity, let alone to a remote region infested with terrorists.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 09:18 AM

I agree this stinks to high heaven, first off who says " Hey I know, lets go backpacking in a war zone" least ways no one of sound mind. If he is from Canada there are thousands of places to backpacking there, why on earth would ya go anywhere else.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 09:31 AM

Another one here thinks it's fishy as fish. I have heard of missionaries doing really stupid things but I don't think even they would do this.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top