Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 10:45 PM

Re: Answerphone messages

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Tee hee!

Ooh stoppit, you two!

I am serious this time for a change, and finding this pretty upsetting, but you weren't to know that so please don't feel bad.

On my birthday last December, my ex-husband, who was also my friend, phoned me and mucking about, he sang Happy Birthday to me. It was pretty awful, but it made me laugh.

I knew he was dying with prostate cancer, and I would soon never hear his voice again, so always kept that message . . . until today.

For some stupid reason, I suppose because I wasn't looking what I was doing, I pressed the wrong button today and deleted his message.
He had never once forgotten my birthday in over 50 years and I thought if he was no longer here on my next birthday, it would be really nice to play it again.

Then I messed up - big time.

To make it worse, it was his funeral today . . . . .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 11:20 PM

That's terrible Mups, hope you find a way of retrieving it. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
That's terrible Mups, hope you find a way of retrieving it. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thanks Summer.

I feel a bit wretched tonight TBH.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 09:13 AM

I am sorry to hear this Mups. It won't make you feel better, but when Mum had left a few messages on my answerphone, before she died obviously, I had kept them. Then when I knew she wasn't coming back, I recorded those messages onto my iphone. I have now emailed them to myself so they are now available to play on whatever device, just so I can keep her voice with me. (Ready for when the iphone goes out of service.)

I do not know of any way to retrieve deleted ones. Sorry.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 09:36 AM

We did similar I'm saying we to protect my husband from more grief over it anyway took it to a phone stall in the market and they were able to get it back, they really kindly transferred it onto a disc too so if we do it again we have a cd with it on.

Cost £35 but was worth it as it was last message tasha ever sent and losing it... Well it caused a lot of upset is all I'll say.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 10:09 AM

So sorry Mups, wouldn't have joked if I'd have known.....Someone, somewhere will be able to retrieve the message. Don't use the answering machine again, and perhaps like Julie says, take it to someone who knows about this stuff.....All the best Mupsy and I'm sending you a big hug.....
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 10:14 AM

Was it my message you've deleted, Mupsy? Might be just as well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 10:14 AM

Just to be clear Mups, was it a message on your answerphone (you push play to listen) or was it on voicemail (where you have to dial a number to listen)?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-10-2017, 10:19 AM

Thanks for the advice everyone, I have a horrible feeling it is gone for good.
All my own silly fault for not looking what I was doing, but alas, so be it I guess.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-10-2017, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Was it my message you've deleted, Mupsy? Might be just as well.

Yes it was Plops, makes me blush just thinking about it even.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top