Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 10:43 AM

Re: Getting to see a doctor

We are very lucky here. If the receptionist is told the need is urgent you can usually be fitted in same day. There is also an on line appointment service which is very handy for out of hours times and for reordering repeat prescription's.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 11:22 AM

Where I live they have just built a new medical centre across from the hospital so you would think it would be easier to see a doctor. Think again.

I received a letter to book my annual asthma clinic. I tried to book, the letter said appointments up until 7.30 in the evening, great I thought, tried to book only Tuesday afternoons. Sorry I work Tuesdays I need a Thursday or a Friday, Tuesdays afternoons is the only time they work. Said I would leave it.

Received another letter book your asthma appointment tried to book when husband had an appointment last week, forgot to take my letter, said they had never heard of me?

When he goes back this week he is going to take the letter with him and try to book it for me as I have lost patience.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 12:17 PM

can get an appointment same day to see a Doctor, maybe if want to see my own it will be next day. Surgery open from 8am untill 3 30pm., after that if its urgent you ring the duty Doctor for the kommune,. you will then be given an appointment at the Hospital , not A&E, so off you go to the Hospital, you will be seen within 10 mins of arrival. If its very urgent when you phone, an ambulance will be sent. Wonderful system. mind you the Hospital is 30 miles away
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 05:20 PM

If it's serious our GP will see us straight away or if need be he'll make a house call. It's not the same all over Germany, we're just very lucky. I can get a normal appointment in two days.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 06:02 PM

Being a previous cancer patient I have no problems obtaining an appointment, having said that I have had no need for a visit in at least a couple of years.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2017, 06:23 PM

Mr Mags phoned the surgery last Tuesday for an appointment to see his doctor as he's been getting frequent dizzy spells when he's felt he was going to pass out. The doctor phoned him back, asked him a few questions then told him to make an appointment to see him. He got his appointment ..... for just over 3 weeks time!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 01:49 PM

I must have a really good surgery; I can phone at 8am and see a doctor (perhaps not my regular) that same day.

I do think surgeries should be open at weekends too, though, but wonder how they could achieve this.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top