Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 05:04 AM

Google my saves

Please help an old man who knows nothing about computers.

A number of times I have gone on internet and tried to save various pictures. But I could never find them.
Quite by accident, I managed to open that file ( I have NO idea how).

I do know that it is listed under Google "My saves"
When I go to google and type in "My saves", I get nothing.
I know the photos are in this *^#_ computer somewhere.
Does anyone have any idea of how to find them again ?

Please, if you reply, explain it to me as if I'm a backward child.
I'm serious. I'm about as dumb as a box of rocks.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 05:14 AM

Re: Google my saves

Go into your PC's search and type photos.

There's probably a better, more technical answer but, I too find this electrickery wizardry confusing.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 05:35 AM

I tried that, Tpin. No luck.
I turned on my Laptop, I clicked on the big "E" , and at the top of the page there is a bar at that says, ENTER SEARCH OR WEB ADDRESS. That is what I always use to go where I want, like to Over50s, Amazon etc.
I typed in photos, no luck getting to my saves.
I typed in "my saves", again no luck
I also went to google and typed in "my saves", no luck. Yes, google did ask me to sign-in and I did so. But no luck there either.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 05:41 AM

I am not sure what Google My Saves is. Usually when you download photos or indeed anything you have told your browser where to put downloaded files or told it to ask you each time.

The default is usually a folder created by Microsoft called "Downloads"

The easiest way to download a photo is to right click on it and select "Save Image" from the menu

I use Firefox as my browser so the exact wording might vary and perhaps Google My Saves is something Google Chrome creates but using Windows Explorer should find it

To open Windows Explorer - Hold Down the WINKEY (The one with the little flag on it usually between the Ctrl and the Alt key) and tap "E"

BTW as a rule of thumb if you are unsure what to do try right clicking with the mouse - the resultant menu often has the answer you are after.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashampoo_Snap_2017.10.26_15h27m53s_001_.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	4338   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashampoo_Snap_2017.10.26_15h28m13s_002_File Explorer.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	4339   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashampoo_Snap_2017.10.26_15h31m44s_003_.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	4340  
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 05:45 AM

BTW Windows Explorer might be called File Explorer or some other name now. Micro$oft can't stop fiddling.

You could also try searching for ".jpg" then if it shows the file you want right click on the file, and select "Open File Location" from the menu. Then make a note of the address and/or "Pin it to quick access"
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

26-10-2017, 06:04 AM

I just did a very quick search on Google My Saves and it seems to be an online storage place for a Google Chrome extension so none of these things are actually stored on your computer but Google has made a note of it in your Google account somewhere online.

I only looked very quickly so this might be wrong Personally I am not interested in it because using Chrome involves Google in your life far too much.

If you want to store things on your computer follow instructions above.
bakerman
Mexico

26-10-2017, 06:33 AM

Ok, Bruce. Thank you very much. I found a backdoor to get to those images. What I did was kind of a reverse engineer job. kinda a hassle but I now have a web address that takes me directly to the images.

There seems to be several ways to store images. In the first way I go to google and search for the images I want and then click on save. THAT WAS THE ONE I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS LOCATING.
The other way is by finding images that do not appear on google and I can just down-load them. These are easy to find because all I have to do is click on the file icon and go to downloads, select an image and click on open.

Anyway, thank you all. I'm ok now.
Next major hurdle is going to be how to transfer an image to over50s. But not now. My head hurts. I'm not sure but maybe thinking too hard is really bad for my head. Ha Ha
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 04:49 PM

Bakerman

For future reference (and do try this now)

Click START

Click Computer

At the top left click "Recent Places"

This will show you the folders of all your most recent activities. Your photos will likely appear in there if they are on your PC.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top