Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 01:52 PM

Re: Just had my wrist plastered for the 3rd time

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Good for you Twink.
Thanks Swim! I have beaten cancer & control my diabetes well, so I would be a right wimp if I let a broken wrist beat me!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 01:59 PM

I hope your wrist gets back to normal soon Twink, best wishes to you...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I hope your wrist gets back to normal soon Twink, best wishes to you...
Thanks Mags, I am sure it will get better but my patience ,at not being able to do anything properly, is becoming very short!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Thanks Swim! I have beaten cancer & control my diabetes well, so I would be a right wimp if I let a broken wrist beat me!
Thanks Mags, I am sure it will get better but my patience ,at not being able to do anything properly, is becoming very short!
You need to be stroppy...to be heard and taken seriously
You need to be as subborn as a donkey...to endure the hardship and nuisance
You need to be as immovable as a brick wall...in your determination to overcome
You need to be obedient to the last letter and do exactly as you're told...to succeed in 100% healing.

Recovering from injury or surgery is the only time I ever do as I am told!

Note to self...check on swims and make sure he understands what the instruction rest means!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 05:08 PM

Oh poor Twink - I do so sympathise with you.
I had a broken wrist two years ago (as well as a broken ankle the year before)

Sorry to hear about all the problems you've been having - unbelievable!!!!!

It won't be long now till Nov 2nd. Give it time - it will be as good as new. I can't tell mine was ever broken now.

All my best wishes to you. x
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 05:27 PM

Sorry to hear of your plight Twink. Broke my wrist badly a few years ago and had it operated on with plates etc. Was told that I'd have arthritis in a few years time and it has never been right since the op. Hopefully yours won't be as bad!!

The only bit of advice I can offer is to make sure you take pain killers (try to get a bit of morphine from your GP and lay it on thick) before you go to the physio. They're ruthless and show no mercy!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

26-10-2017, 05:50 PM

Thanks to all of you.
Ruthio.... I have learned my lesson and will do as I am told next time you tell me.

Carol.... The fact that yours has healed so well, gives me hope that mine will too.

Dextrous.... I am hoping that the physio is just little exercises to help my soft tissues loosen up again. Morphine always makes me sick, so do you think alcohol will do the same job?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 06:38 PM

Aw Twinksy, I'm so sorry to hear you are still having problems.

Perhaps I should stay with you for a few weeks and help you on and off with your clothes.

Seriously though, I hope it improves soon.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

26-10-2017, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Aw Twinksy, I'm so sorry to hear you are still having problems.

Perhaps I should stay with you for a few weeks and help you on and off with your clothes.

Seriously though, I hope it improves soon.
DONGLE! Let me tell you that getting dressed and undressed hasn't been a problem at all. The queue of men wishing to help goes back 200 yards to the primary school.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2017, 06:46 PM

DONGLE! Let me tell you that getting dressed and undressed hasn't been a problem at all. The queue of men wishing to help goes back 200 yards to the primary school.
You know what that wrist needs..... gentle exercise.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top