Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 12:07 PM

Re: camera and lens , My own observation

have you looked on here

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/camera-straps/
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 12:16 PM

I have used them before for a ‘nifty fifty’ but they don’t do regimental type neck straps, I think there is an hole in the market
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 05:38 PM

Try www. Rigu.co. uk
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2017, 06:16 PM

Cheers mate, will do
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 09:41 PM

You two must take some incredible photos with kit like that.

I'm afraid the only cameras I have are in my phones but I'm not very good at photo taking anyway. Still I get OK results for what it is.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

31-10-2017, 09:52 PM

Very much the amateur Ffosse, with an entry level Nikon plus some nice lens. I am currently taking a digital photography course which is very informative and interesting. There is one lovely lady on the course who is using a point and shit camera and producing some wonderful photographs. It’s not the camera (but it helps) it’s the person behind it that makes the shots.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

31-10-2017, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
You two must take some incredible photos with kit like that.

I'm afraid the only camaras I have are in my phones but I'm not very good at photo taking anyway. Still I get OK results for what it is.
thank you but always always remember it is the nose 6 inches behind the camera that makes the picture, the camera only records what the person sees and takes.

My first bit of advice I give to anyone new to photography is practise and practise more.

Some swear that getting letters after a name makes better photos , completely wrong ,all it does is open up more chances for professional work.
Remember all the great painter led and their painings are worth millions, those that copied arn't heard of, so going it alone developes ones own style right or wrong.

I find the art of photography is actually looking not just seeing. By this for example somone might look at a flower and remark on its colour, that is just seeing. Looking is the height -the shape of the petals- how it catches the light- what surrounds it- best angle to photograph it at-etc etc.

Obviously there are "tricks" to get the best out of a scene all can be learnt from various sources.

Photos are all around us, on buses- in shop windows- bill boards- newspapers- magazines and thousands of other places. I say look at how the photographer frames and angled the picture , a high look down shot-a ground up shot- full or sideways on shot. You can learn a lot from observation alone.

Ok I admit I am self taught and there are subject matters I have not had a go at and would be completely rubbish at such as portraits, that scares me to hell getting it wrong.

my second tip is listen or read others critic on your work but they have their own ideas which may not correspond with yours, so pick out that which may be useful and ignore the rest

have one rule, that is

IF I LIKE IT THAT IS GOOD ENOUGH

IF OTHERS LIKE IT THEN IT IS A BONUS

Someone is bound now to say what a load of rubbish ,but i say look at the thread heading first
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

31-10-2017, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Very much the amateur Ffosse, with an entry level Nikon plus some nice lens. I am currently taking a digital photography course which is very informative and interesting. There is one lovely lady on the course who is using a point and shit camera and producing some wonderful photographs. It’s not the camera (but it helps) it’s the person behind it that makes the shots.

teaching how to get the best out of an expensive DSLR (digital single lens reflex) camera needs a dedicated teacher of that make

Take for example my Nikon D800, the manual alone runs into nearly 450 pages. There are a thousand and one ways of getting correct lighting alone.
That is without even going into subjects like back/ front focus and how to check each lens in turn to get it correct. to name but one

If you not familiar with your camera then there is a strong possibility you won't get the best out of it

I have spoken to many that used to attend camera clubs and invairably it turns out into a bragging evening, my picture is better than yours,Fom whatI have heard
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 10:31 PM

Just last year I learned about the rule of thirds and have taken some better photos because of it.

It helps that my camera shows the grid. I really must get out more, I live close to the botanical gardens and have no excuse.

How would you rate mobile phone cameras (the better ones) against older compact cameras which were quite expensive?

I know people who say you can get great photos from a phone but then there are the purists with their digital SLRs.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

31-10-2017, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Just last year I learned about the rule of thirds and have taken some better photos because of it.

It helps that my camera shows the grid. I really must get out more, I live close to the botanical gardens and have no excuse.
That can be learnt via youtube without having to go on a more than likely paid lesson. Also the rule of thirds is there to be broken, it is not a rigid rule one must stick to.

Say for example you have two major points of interest you what to make the main subjects, rule of thirds goes right out the window.
That is not even including producing a balance photo or one that has a stop.

here is an example of mine

A photo is like a page seen from left to right, you can only go so far to the right . In this case a big tree blocks looking any further to the right, in other words making the picture come to a full stop

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top