Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 11:49 AM

Snoring.

I have been told that I sometimes snore like an old diesel train and probably keep the whole street awake at night.

I never sleep on my back so the old tennis ball sewn into my pyjamas wouldn't work ( plus I don't wear pyjamas). The sprays have been proven useless and those sticky strips don't work either.

There was an article in the paper the other day suggesting facial exercises - opening the mouth as wide as possible, sticking the tongue out and moving it up & down and left & right. Then humming the national anthem as low as possible. I can see this could work as it would strengthen the muscles in the throat. It might look a bit weird though..

So, Do you snore?

Have you discovered any cures you want to share?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 11:53 AM

Re: Snoring.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have been told that I sometimes snore like an old diesel train and probably keep the whole street awake at night.

I never sleep on my back so the old tennis ball sewn into my pyjamas wouldn't work ( plus I don't wear pyjamas). The sprays have been proven useless and those sticky strips don't work either.

There was an article in the paper the other day suggesting facial exercises - opening the mouth as wide as possible, sticking the tongue out and moving it up & down and left & right. Then humming the national anthem as low as possible. I can see this could work as it would strengthen the muscles in the throat. It might look a bit weird though..

So, Do you snore?

Have you discovered any cures you want to share?

Perhaps Mrs. Dongle could try popping the tennis ball on to the tongue quick, while the mouth is wide open?
Might work better than putting it under your back.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Perhaps Mrs. Dongle could try popping the tennis ball on to the tongue quick, while the mouth is wide open?
Might work better than putting it under your back.

Ha ha. that made me laugh. She would probably like to do that during the day because I never stop talking.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Ha ha. that made me laugh. She would probably like to do that during the day because I never stop talking.

Poor dear, you know I luv's ya really.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 12:28 PM

Found different pillow combination has helped my husband, he lays slightly less flat and also have a little machine that puffs moisture into the air, that helps too.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 12:53 PM

Sleep in the other room is my suggestion!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 12:57 PM

Prop yourself up a bit.

My father was a terrible snorer . His snoring used to ricochet around the house . That was until he died, and the snoring continued...... So it was you all along , Mother ?

From all accounts, like mother like daughter, but I don't believe them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-11-2017, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Found different pillow combination has helped my husband, he lays slightly less flat and also have a little machine that puffs moisture into the air, that helps too.
Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Prop yourself up a bit.

My father was a terrible snorer . His snoring used to ricochet around the house . That was until he died, and the snoring continued...... So it was you all along , Mother ?

From all accounts, like mother like daughter, but I don't believe them.
I was thinking I might try propping the top end of he bed up slightly on some wooden blocks.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-11-2017, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Sleep in the other room is my suggestion!
That does happen - on the sofa which is not great.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 02:27 PM

Does it sound like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGbCGQx8Spk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top