Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 05:38 PM

Re: Knee Relacement

Twinks thats not going to happen , I look forward to my Christmas Dinner , we would prob have too many arguments over it, oh and it wouldnt taste the same . I will stick to doing the Christmas Tree and the decorations, thats enough problems .
We have mince pies to make and sos rolls, I have to be chief taster for the sos mixture thats a nice job. We made the mincemeat before she went into Hospital.
Now im going to tackle the Beef stew, its ok , its home made but out of the freezer, so i cant go wrong
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Twinks thats not going to happen , I look forward to my Christmas Dinner , we would prob have too many arguments over it, oh and it wouldnt taste the same . I will stick to doing the Christmas Tree and the decorations, thats enough problems .
We have mince pies to make and sos rolls, I have to be chief taster for the sos mixture thats a nice job. We made the mincemeat before she went into Hospital.
Now im going to tackle the Beef stew, its ok , its home made but out of the freezer, so i cant go wrong
Well I hope you have a lovely Christmas dinner, no matter who makes it.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 10:07 AM

Off to fetch Mrs N from Hospital this morning, not a good day, high winds , snow -5c and also have to go over mountain roads , but have studded tyres warm clothes etc. Spade, plenty of fuel ,so all prepared. HAPPY DAY
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 10:26 AM

Off to fetch Mrs N from Hospital this morning, not a good day, high winds , snow -5c and also have to go over mountain roads , but have studded tyres warm clothes etc. Spade, plenty of fuel ,so all prepared. HAPPY DAY
I am sending best wishes, to her, for a speedy recovery and little pain.

Oh and here is a hug for you because I know Mrs N will be keen to have you do things to her standards until she is able to do them herself.
Norway
i

22-11-2017, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am sending best wishes, to her, for a speedy recovery and little pain.

Oh and here is a hug for you because I know Mrs N will be keen to have you do things to her standards until she is able to do them herself.
Thank you Twinks, nice hug Well we are back , through Blizzards and gales, 200km round trip plus a 20 minute each way ferry crossing, mind you we get so much per km. back as travelling expenses plus the cost of the ferry. This applies to any visit to any hospital.
. She is still quite swollen and a lot of pain but able to get about crutches. The stay in Hospital has not made her any less obstinate, still insists on trying to do everything herself
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

22-11-2017, 06:16 PM

Thank you Twinks, nice hug Well we are back , through Blizzards and gales, 200km round trip plus a 20 minute each way ferry crossing, mind you we get so much per km. back as travelling expenses plus the cost of the ferry. This applies to any visit to any hospital.
. She is still quite swollen and a lot of pain but able to get about crutches. The stay in Hospital has not made her any less obstinate, still insists on trying to do everything herself:-D
Don't knock it! I am an independent so and so myself, but it makes you stronger when things are difficult!
I hope you have a relaxing evening.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 06:27 PM

You get good husband points, Norway, and likewise your wife sounds like an admirable woman stoically getting through this and still soldiering on.

I am sure both of you are ready to settle in and get some well-deserved rest. I hope her pain and swelling passes quickly, and that her recovery goes smoothly. I know there is still a lot of work ahead, but everyone I know who has had this surgery say it is well worth it.

Stay cozy!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 07:13 PM

It’s good to know your wife is back home, Norway

Make sure she doesn’t overdo things. When Mr Mags came home from hospital he was told not to do anything for three or four weeks ..... no lifting, no stretching up to cupboards or bending down, no lifting the kettle etc.

Also it is important she does the exercises she has been given every day.

Wishing her well with her recovery...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It’s good to know your wife is back home, Norway

Make sure she doesn’t overdo things. When Mr Mags came home from hospital he was told not to do anything for three or four weeks ..... no lifting, no stretching up to cupboards or bending down, no lifting the kettle etc.

Also it is important she does the exercises she has been given every day.

Wishing her well with her recovery...

I'll echo what Mags has said matey - no strenuous activity whatsoever and to sit (if possible) with foot up on a stool with a pillow underneath the knee. For pain relief I was given Oromorph (liquid morphine) alternated with Co-codomol every four hours. If your good wife follows that regime, she may not be in any fit state to do too much at all anyway and will want to sleep many hours of the day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I'll echo what Mags has said matey - no strenuous activity whatsoever and to sit (if possible) with foot up on a stool with a pillow underneath the knee. For pain relief I was given Oromorph (liquid morphine) alternated with Co-codomol every four hours. If your good wife follows that regime, she may not be in any fit state to do too much at all anyway and will want to sleep many hours of the day.
Mr Mags refused the morphine as it made him nauseous so he was prescribed codeine and paracetamol. Also he was told not to put anything under his knee to support it Strange how surgeons can differ from hospital to hospital

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top