Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 12:35 AM

Re: Mushrooms for Health

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Thanks for the link, Mups. Had already queried it with the vet and she reckons the occasional one - from a safe source - won't do any harm. Thing is - he is crazy about them. If I bring mushrooms into the house I have to hide them. I used to put them in the oven - but he can open that. I tried hiding them in the washing machine - he worked out how to open that. He can open any cupboard/drawer in the kitchen if there are mushrooms to be had ! That is why there is a punnet of them on top of the bookcase in the sitting room. He knows they are there - it is only a matter of time before he works out how to steal them !!

Ooer. What a funny cat.

You'll have to keep them in a tupperware box in the fridge or outside in the shed even.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ooh, that sounds a bit scrummy Annie.
the padano cheese was quite a find. It was cheaper than the grated parmesan and a more delicate flavour.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 11:07 AM

I'll eat them, but they're not my favourite food.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
the padano cheese was quite a find. It was cheaper than the grated parmesan and a more delicate flavour.

What is Padano cheese like, Annie, is it like Parmesan?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 11:44 AM

Big mushroom fan here, if a recipe can benefit from one or two I chuck them in, two family sized boxes from tesco every week we get through. The portabellow ones I roast with garlic and Parmesan and then eat as a burger replacement lovely.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 12:07 PM

Yep, mushrooms very much a "super food". Lot's of immune boosting properties and certain mushrooms have specific health benefits for specific conditions.

Good read here:

https://www.superfoods-for-superheal...mushrooms.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What is Padano cheese like, Annie, is it like Parmesan?
Almost exactly the same consistency mups and a slightly less salty flavour, I buy tesco own brand, others may taste different I suppose.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Thanks for the link, Mups. Had already queried it with the vet and she reckons the occasional one - from a safe source - won't do any harm. Thing is - he is crazy about them. If I bring mushrooms into the house I have to hide them. I used to put them in the oven - but he can open that. I tried hiding them in the washing machine - he worked out how to open that. He can open any cupboard/drawer in the kitchen if there are mushrooms to be had ! That is why there is a punnet of them on top of the bookcase in the sitting room. He knows they are there - it is only a matter of time before he works out how to steal them !!
Does he knock on your front door when he wants to come in ?

Are we advised to eat these mushrooms raw for the most benefit ? I love mushrooms, probably one of the all time favourites in our house.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 02:53 PM

The fly agaric is far-out, man .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-11-2017, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Almost exactly the same consistency mups and a slightly less salty flavour, I buy tesco own brand, others may taste different I suppose.

Thank you Julie. I might give that a try for a change.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top