Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 08:37 PM

Stolen Purse

Today my friend had her purse stolen from her bag, the strange thing is it was a very large purse and her bag was still zipped up when she went to get it to pay for goods in the £ store.Id been close to her most of the day and not seen anyone near enough to steal it untill the £ store when she went in alone while I went to post some letters.Its such a shock Ive had mine stolen twice in the past
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 08:44 PM

Re: Stolen Purse

yes there are scumbags about who thieve for a living. My answer is if caught have them branded on the forhead thief. I suppose on answer is not to have everything in one place when out and about shopping.

A passenger on a cruise I was on in Egypt on the Nile had money stolen by a distraction thief on a trip out. I kept my hands in my pockets while off the boat ,that way my camcorder was protected and and cards and cash locked away in the cabin safe. Sue took a minimal amount in a bumbag
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 08:53 PM

I had mine stolen last month in Windsor while i was staying with my son.My handbag was zipped and I didn't feel a thing.I noticed it was missing when I went to get my glasses to look at prices in Next,the only shop I went into.I felt sick.Phoned my son who came to my rescue.Went to the bank to stop my debit card(I don't have a credit card)There was about £70 in cash and a £50 Next gift in it.The most upsetting part was the loss of some photos.These thieves are so "clever" in what they do.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 08:56 PM

Sounds more like a loss than a theft.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 08:58 PM

NO-it was stolen.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
NO-it was stolen.
I was replying to op.
rhosyn
South Wales

13-11-2017, 09:03 PM

Sorry-Tpin.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 09:03 PM

Larger it is, easiest seen is my view

I carry my cards and a bit of loose change only and that’s in my pockets

Mum had her huge purse lifted from a cafe in the city. Lost the lot, cards, cash, cheque book, etc etc etc
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 10:10 PM

When I was in the card shop recently in our high street shopping mall, I overheard the cashier telling customers that coachloads are dropped off and that to them it is a job. She continued that she always warns customers about keeping watch on their bags.

There is a cheapo store called Choice and women are always complaining of purse/bag thefts on our local FB page, in that place. My handbag is invariably stuffed right down in my shopping trolley.

These people are absolute scum!

Sorry to hear about all your tales.

I had a much loved, newish car taken some years ago and have never forgotten that. So the next person seen trying to steal from me will suffer broken fingers!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 10:26 PM

Having had my bag snatched I very much sympathise, it's a nightmare and you don't feel very safe after it looking at people a bit differently than you did before.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top