Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 10:31 AM

Re: its christmas time

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Easiest solution is check all cars etc arriving, it puzzles me why we don't anyway because so far we are rabies free but I know dogs come and go through the border daily with no papers no vaccinations etc

Many that do have papers are forged anyway.
They are not doing sufficient proper checks this end on arrival.

But thinking on further, what if hundreds/thousands of tiny puppies were found and confiscated on a regular basis? They would never survive the journey back again, and our rehoming places are already full to bursting.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Many that do have papers are forged anyway.
They are not doing sufficient proper checks this end on arrival.

But thinking on further, what if hundreds/thousands of tiny puppies were found and confiscated on a regular basis? They would never survive the journey back again, and our rehoming places are already full to bursting.
I know this is awful but I am of the opinion humanely Pts isn't the worse a dog can experience. So I don't think I'd send them back to be resold.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am suprised that cane corso pups were found as this is a prohibited breed in the UK.
What I want to know are the border people doing how is it possible to smuggle puppies into the country anyway?

This is mainly an East European racket .

Meanwhile there is a huge theft of puppies going on in the Uk
Almost all the time on Facebook one can see heart rending stories of people whose dogs or /and litters of puppies have been stolen .

The puppy market in the UK is huge .
Yet soon after people buy find they can't cope and mysteriously their child develops an 'allergy ' to the dog and it's up for sale again not quite as cute as before and already having grown to love it's first family .
this is true , in the news recently is the theft of 3 dogs and 17 pups only a week old ..

http://www.nottinghampost.com/news/l...ne-week-767628

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top