Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 07:05 PM

Re: Do you frequent coffee shops...

I like cafe nero or pret. They are just somewhere convenient to meet friends when going somewhere or to grap something to eat at the station or airport. Pret is good because they cater for gluten free. I rarely buy the coffee these days but was a time I'd love getting a flat white on the way into work. Then I realised how much it was adding up to each month!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 07:09 PM

No never, I won't waste money on coffee shops and I am very particular about the coffee I drink.
I prefer Kenyan coffee mild and acidic and I grind the beans myself.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 08:12 PM

I am in a university coffee shop right now waiting for my daughter. I like my coffee in a real cup (not styrofoam) and they looked at me like they had never heard of such a thing . I have just sold a kidney to pay for my "Americano".

What is amazing to me is that this place is packed with college students. Were I them, I would be able to buy lunch and dinner, and still have money left over for a new skirt if I skipped the fancy mocha-double-shot-skim-no-whipped-add-caramel. I suppose we all have our priorities.

All I know is that with this level of caffeine consumption there must be some tediously dull professors in theses hallowed halls of education...
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 08:25 PM

I love Coffee#1
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 08:45 PM

Costa for me....a coffee with a couple of friend's or my sis or on my own...I enjoy it.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 08:49 PM

For the prices they charge I think about what food I could have bought instead in Lidl or Tesco.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 09:03 PM

I take a flask out with me usually but have been known to pop into McD's for one of their coffees, which I do enjoy.

I'd never go into these large, expensive chains. If near a Morrisons I'll go in there. Like their latte.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
When Mr Mags and I go into town shopping, we always pop into M & S for a coffee, very nice coffee and much better than the independent coffee shops.

Another reason being that it makes shopping more bearable for Mr M.
Oh yes, I agree with Mr Mags, there has to be some point to going shopping.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top