Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 09:06 PM

Re: Co-operative ready meals...

Ffosse, Don’t get a soup maker!
My vegetable soup done in a soup maker that l recently purchased and returned, looked like sick that l have seen on pavements near nightclubs!!

It tasted.... raw!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 09:08 PM

No, I'll be making it the old fashioned way.
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 10:12 PM

It’s interesting how opinions vary because we like the Coop bolognese pasta bake very much. At £3 to feed two it’s a cheap meal for those times when you just need sonething quick and don’t feel like cooking. I think it’s just as good as M&S’s version and less than half the price.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 10:31 PM

Most ready meals are fairly tasteless these days they removed the salt to the point they taste of nothing. But makes me wonder what they use to make them because I rarely add salt to anything and still make tasty food !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Most ready meals are fairly tasteless these days they removed the salt to the point they taste of nothing. But makes me wonder what they use to make them because I rarely add salt to anything and still make tasty food !

Julie, when a dear friend of mine was undergoing Chemo, it altered her taste buds.
Could that be the reason you are not tasting properly do you think?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Ffosse, Don’t get a soup maker!
My vegetable soup done in a soup maker that l recently purchased and returned, looked like sick that l have seen on pavements near nightclubs!!

It tasted.... raw!

That's a pity, Art. You were looking forward to trying your new gadget out too.
Did you manage to get your refund alright?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Julie, when a dear friend of mine was undergoing Chemo, it altered her taste buds.

Weird thing is , I can't eat a ready meal because all I can taste is salt

I rarely use salt, a pinch in the spuds and that's about it ( and I mean a pinch ). Not for any major health reasons, just over the years I've found I need very little ( and I was a smoker and out tastes buds are meant to be shot to hell )

If we do get take away or a ready meal, both of us end up with an unquenchable thirst and heartburn at the very least
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
IT was a general comment mups my taste buds have changed things I loved are not my favourites at the moment. But I've long thought ready meals fairy tasteless compared with homemade. That's why I used them when I went on a diet they didn't make me want to eat more
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I have to agree with realist, feed yourself crap and you will feel crap

I'd take a good multi vitamin/mineral supplement if I were you to make up for the short comings in your diet.

I haven't bought any ready meals for ages but I do remember M&S having some nice ones.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

17-11-2017, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'd take a good multi vitamin/mineral supplement if I were you to make up for the short comings in your diet.

I haven't bought any ready meals for ages but I do remember M&S having some nice ones.

I agree, Carol. M & S do do some nice ones.
Always handy to keep one or two in the freezer.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top