Join for free
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 10:08 PM

murder

on the orient express,,,,just been to the flicks to see it,it was ok,,bit slow in the middle,,,,the trailers made it out to be a lot better than it was imo
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 10:19 PM

Re: murder

Went to see it last Monday Doctor, I thought it was good with good acting by an excellent cast, but about halfway through I realised I knew how it ended. Couldn't they have based it on something we hadn't seen before? Or even arrived at a different outcome?..
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 11:35 PM

Ive been buying DVDs today on Amazon and that one came up , I did wonder if it could live up to the original , or even the one with David Sutchet in which i liked most.
Im a fan of Agatha Christie and have watched all the Poirot and Marple twice over i think , I shall probably get it when ive watched the ones on order.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 11:38 PM

I saw it last week and thought it was crap tbh

The whole set looked like a CGI set, and it was so sloooooooow

And whilst Brannagh tried for the laughs, he tried too hard and he missed all Piorots mannerisms
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 08:08 AM

I don't want to see it. Kenneth Branagh is totally miscast I think, and having watched David Suchet I'd find it impossible to see anyone else as Poirot - and those ridiculous facial hairs look, well, ludicrous. The film just seems to be a showcase for a load of famous faces.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 12:33 PM

I really don't understand why they keep re-making films. There are plenty of other stories they could use.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I really don't understand why they keep re-making films. There are plenty of other stories they could use.
Its same as when they do covers of good Songs ,they're are cashing in on a winner to start with ,Just need to put the latest stars in and the works done for them .
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 03:10 PM

I don"t think anyone could top David Suchet . Just how Imagine that is Poirot would have been.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 06:59 PM

I did go and watch with an open mind as I stopped watching Suchet years ago, but the whole film was a complete mess to me.

I had to smile , my wee sister went last weekend to see it, and woke just as he was getting of the train lol

As I said in another thread, the Poirot of the films for me was Ustinov
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 08:05 AM

I disagree about Ustinov completely! I found him shambling, untidy, too large physically and with an appalling accent - for me it's always going to be Suchet. He is exactly as I see Poirot in my head. Impeccably tidy and fussy, vain, twinkly ... a superb depiction. As for Albert Finney - don't get me started. How Branagh had the nerve to play him I don't know.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top