Join for free
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 03:54 PM

Handmade in Hull

This is the sort of programme you would probably find fascinating or boring
It's about various traditional trades and crafts in Kingston -upon - Hull, including a fishmonger, a potter, and a wood carver

It was hidden away late on a Thursday night on BBC4 and I only caught the last half or so, but have subsequently watched all of it on YouTube. No doubt it will also be on BBC iplayer

I liked it; it's the sort of unadorned factual programme that the BBC are good at
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 03:56 PM

Re: Handmade in Hull

Thanks for the info , i will look that up .

just watched and found it very interesting,especially the wood carving .And the clay pots which i have a few of .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 10:06 PM

Re: Handmade in Hull

I'm becoming quite a fan of BBC4 Zuludog, some fascinating stuff turns up on there, especially when there's nothing on anywhere else, which is often these days.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top