Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 02:07 PM

PM messages!

As we are limited to only retaining 50 PMs I thought it may be a good idea to have this thread so we can remind people, when we can't send any more PMs to them.

We could just send a note saying " Please check your list as I can't send you a message"

They could then reply "Done"

I am sending this message to Muddy.... who often forgets to empty hers, but I am sure she isn't the only one!

I hope they will get the reminder when it appears as a new post.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 02:54 PM

Re: PM messages!

I can't send or receive PMs yet.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 05:13 PM

I think it’s a good idea the way they are limited for new posters on here as on other forums I have seen them used to threaten and intimidate people, the right to send and receive them should be earned rather than a given
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I can't send or receive PMs yet.
Ffosse you will be able to send them before Christmas so just be patient for another 4 weeks.

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
I think it’s a good idea the way they are limited for new posters on here as on other forums I have seen them used to threaten and intimidate people, the right to send and receive them should be earned rather than a given
DWebb I believe the idea of waiting 3 months is to discourage scammers, and it seems to work! Once you can send them, you can send friendly messages to other members.... but I wouldn't recommend sending nasty ones or bans occur!

Anyway the point of this thread is to enable people to let their friends know that their PM list is full..... so other messages should be posted on another thread. Thank you.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 05:54 PM

Hi

A very simple solution, subscribe and get unlimited.

It costs peanuts and keeps the site going.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A very simple solution, subscribe and get unlimited.

It costs peanuts and keeps the site going.
I agree Swimmy, it gives unlimited PM space and dumps all of the adverts too. Worth every penny of 50p a week...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I agree Swimmy, it gives unlimited PM space and dumps all of the adverts too. Worth every penny of 50p a week...

I don't even know how to subscribe?
What is the advantage?

Twink, I know what you mean by this idea, but if someone does not even know their message box is full, do you think they will think to look in here to check?

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't even know how to subscribe?
What is the advantage?
If anybody is interested in subscribing, you can find more information here....

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=19664
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
If anybody is interested in subscribing, you can find more information here....

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=19664

Oh, I'll have a read. Thank you Mags.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 06:41 PM

May I ask if there is a way of blocking unwanted PMs?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top