Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 06:43 PM

Re: PM messages!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
As we are limited to only retaining 50 PMs I thought it may be a good idea to have this thread so we can remind people, when we can't send any more PMs to them.

We could just send a note saying " Please check your list as I can't send you a message"

They could then reply "Done"

I am sending this message to Muddy.... who often forgets to empty hers, but I am sure she isn't the only one!

I hope they will get the reminder when it appears as a new post.
I know guilty as charged .
But I still have 2% left .
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 07:04 PM

Well I was about to subscribe until I was told what threads I was allowed to start and post on.

I’ve always supported forums like this who have a niche audience and therefore membership I apprieciate that they exist and do what I can to support them
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 07:11 PM

Why do people need to send Personal Messages? Surely if we have something to chat about, then that's what the forum is for isn't it?
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Why do people need to send Personal Messages? Surely if we have something to chat about, then that's what the forum is for isn't it?
Not everyone is open and honest.
I've received a very clear warning
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
Not everyone is open and honest.
Then they shouldn't chat on internet forums if they are not out to be genuine. I'd much rather speak to my friends face to face than natter on the internet anyway. That way you know if they are telling the truth or not.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
I think it’s a good idea the way they are limited for new posters on here as on other forums I have seen them used to threaten and intimidate people, the right to send and receive them should be earned rather than a given
Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Then they shouldn't chat on internet forums if they are not out to be genuine. I'd much rather speak to my friends face to face than natter on the internet anyway. That way you know if they are telling the truth or not.
PMs can be used to intimidate people.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 07:30 PM

They can be used to intimidate people.
Can’t they just

I had a lot of filth and abuse in my inbox elsewhere when a poster who I sat up all night with when apparently suicidal decided when he was pissed as a fart he could abuse everyone

Oh I got an apology when he sobered up, but it led me to think that perhaps I shouldn’t believe a word that’s written
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Well I was about to subscribe until I was told what threads I was allowed to start and post on.

I’ve always supported forums like this who have a niche audience and therefore membership I apprieciate that they exist and do what I can to support them
I think I have the same restrictions, it’s a bit like being tagged

PMs can be used to intimidate people.
I have seen it happen elsewhere Leia
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 07:32 PM

May I ask if there is a way of blocking unwanted PMs?
Click on your Control Panel above

>>> Edit Options

Scroll down to Private Messaging, disable or select which option suits you.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 07:37 PM

Please do not discuss what happened on other forums here, we are not interested. Thank you.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top